What Size Implants for Small, Natural-looking Breasts?

I want to get implants, but I still want to have small breasts. Just want to have something there. I´m afraid to get the typical "implant-look", I want a natural look. Is that possible on my body and what size would you recommend? I´m very short, 155 cm/5 foot 1 inch, and my weight is 44 kg/97 puonds.

Natural Looking Breast Implants

+3
The actual size of a breast implant, measured in cc's, is really not very descriptive of what a breast augmentation will look like, or what the cup size will be. It is all relative to the size of the breast and the size of the patient preoperatively. A tall, broad-shouldered patient with small A-cup breasts may require 450cc implants to achieve a C-cup breast volume postoperatively, while a shorter patient with medium B-cup breasts may only need a 250cc implant to achieve a C-cup breast volume.
If a natural appearance is the goal, then the way to get the size right is to 'try out' different implant volumes and profiles in the operating room. Once the implant pockets have been created, sterile sizers can be placed in the implant pockets, and the upper half of the O.R. table raised so that the resulting breast appearance can be assessed with the patient in an upright 'sitting' position (chest fully upright) while under anesthesia. These sizers are available not only for each implant size but also for each implant profile: low, moderate and high (in this practice we use high-profile implants only in rare instances). Inflatable sizers are used for saline implant augmentations, and pre-filled gel sizers are used for gel implant augmentations.
For any patient there is obviously a range of implant volumes that would be considered natural-appearing, and a volume at which the upper pole of the breast begins to look very unnatural. While one patient may seek an augmentation that is 'perfectly natural', another may be interested in a result that is more on 'the full side of natural', and many patients do ask that the largest implant volume be selected that does not produce an unnatural fullness in the upper pole. By using breast implant sizers intra-operatively to determine exactly what breast implant profile and volume produces the best breast appearance in the O.R., patients can be provided with the closest possible approximation of their preoperative goals, and can be assured of a natural-appearing result.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Sizing implants for natural looking breasts.

+3

There are many ways to help patients determine what size breast implant they desire. After consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon they will take some measurements, ask what cup size your interested in achieving posts surgery and then discuss your  options. You may try on different  implant sizers in the office . This is helpful in determining approximately what cup size you would be after surgery. A gel implant may give you a more natural look then saline. Going under the  muscle  is often  helpful. Sometimes , pre and post op photos can help you decide the look you want. It is important to look for photos of patients who look like you . See what   cup size they are before the surgery, after,and how many cc's.  Just remember there are many different surgeons and their approach to surgery and sizing.

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking breasts

+2

We women are incredibly aware of our breast appearance -- maybe even more than men are. Breasts are sexual and sensual, a big part of what makes us women, and they can dictate our sense of attractiveness and desirability (for better or worse). Many women embrace this procedure because it carries little risk of complication and because an implant can be inserted through a tiny incision and is a quick, nearly scarless operation. There are various factors regarding how you want your breasts to look and feel, but if you and your doctor have a good, open line of communication, you shouldn’t need to go back and forth on your decision.

Breast augmentation surgery is routinely performed in a surgeon’s office. You will be given a local anesthetic and twilight sedation during the length of the surgery, which is typically one to two hours. You will feel relaxed but not too groggy during recovery. When you wake up, you’ll probably feel as if your breasts are pushed up to your chin. Part of this is imaginary, but as to the part that is real, don’t panic, the swelling will usually go down in about two weeks. It is also possible that you will have some pain postoperatively, but this should get better within a few days.

In short, you must know -- realistically -- what you are starting with, as well as what you want to look like when surgery is done. Do you want a natural appearance or a round, perky look? These are some of the factors I weigh with my patients when evaluating what type of procedure to do.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

What size breast implants for small, natural-looking breasts?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! Given your description and wishes, a small implant may be the right one for you. The most important determination for the correct implant size is the width of of your breast. Choosing one that fits your breast perfectly would be the ideal one for you. Although there are a few smaller sized implants available, an evaluation and examination by a plastic surgeon of your breast characteristics, breast width, and skin/soft tissue laxity are very important in picking the right implant to meet your desires. Consideration for the gummy bear implant is also a thought. Photographs of what you envision for yourself may be helpful during your consultation.

Consult with a surgeon who will discuss the various options, implants, incision location, implant placement, etc. it is difficult to give you recommendations without an examination and measurements. Good luck and best wishes for a terrific result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast Implant Size - How to Determine

+1

Choosing the appropriate size for your breast augmentation relies on many factors including your:

1. current breast size

2. the amount of skin you have,

3. your desired cup size

4. your breast and body measurements.

You should consult with a plastic surgeon performing breast augmentation regularly who will work with you to pick the right size and profile. It shouldn't be just choosing one of two sizes and the right size for you means incorporating both you and your plastic surgeon's recommendations. Sizing bras do help determine an estimate of the size you hope to achieve. In our Jacksonville breast augmentation practice, we utilize silicone gel sizer to help patients feel comfortable with the size they choose. We also help them decisions by informing them that there can be some limitations according to their existing breast measurements as well as that the sizers appear larger in the bra than inside the body.

In addition the use of disposable sizers during the operation, where we place temporary disposable implants and determine what sizes match your desired goals and body help to ensure consistent patient satisfaction. - Ankit Desai, MD, Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Ankit Desai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

t is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
The silicone gel implants also sits differently on the chest wall and so it may look "smaller' when compared to a saline implants - the projection will be less.

PHOTO: What Size Implants for Small, Natural-looking Breasts?

+1

There is no perfect size and you input is absolutely essential. This is not a decision which should be abdicated to a another person. Your statements would lead me to advise you to consider an under the muscle silicone implant in the range of 200-250 cc with a moderate profile but this is just one opinion.

Implants for natural-looking breasts

+1

In my opinion without an in-person examination it is hard to say what would be right for you. Everyone's body anatomy is different and a 350 cc implant in you will look very different in someone else. For this reason, it's best to consult with several surgeons and make a decision that both you and your surgeon are comfortable with.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and sizing

+1

Thisis not a simple question to answer. and that is why I spend alot of time in consultation with my patients to size them appropriately. Certainly a small implant can be used to probably give you what you want.

What size is a natural looking implant

+1

The answer is simple but the real answer is not.

The simple answer - you have included your overall body size and that is helpful.  Being a petite individual, size can play a more important role in some of larger stature.  The important information to know is the base width and other parameters regarding your breast.  Keeping an implant with the dimensions in mind will result in a more natural outcome.  The implant should not be larger than your breast for a natural result.  This will also prevent other more difficult problems in the long term.  When a large implant is placed, the skin and breast tissue thin and stretch significant causing the implant to be more obvious.  Rippling of the breast and palpability are much more common. As your implant goes up in size, the probability of anything adverse occurring are also elevated. Placing the implant under the muscle will typically best

Not so simple - Depending on where you live - Country, State, City   what is considered normal greatly varies.  What is nice in L.A.. may not be in Chicago, or Stockholm.   Our image of what is normal and attractive is altered by print media, commercial and films.  So natural has been redefined to many people.  Because , you may not know it but that actress has implants, and model and celebrity.  Watch out what you ask for because natural may result in a less than happy you.  I have heard many  patient say, "I wish I had gone bigger"  Maybe 2 of my patients in 12 years say that they wish had smaller. 

Just an estimate.   much less than 300 cc for you would be require for a "natural"

Dennis J. Bang, MD