What Size Implants Will Take Me to a Full C?

Hi there, I'm 5"6 and 127 pounds. I currently am a small 34B. I would like to get silicone dear drop implants under the muscle. Wat size could you recommend that would take me to a full C? and is it true that having them put under the muscle makes the implant smaller?

Sizing breast implants

+2

Assuming that on examination, I agreed that you look like a small B cup in a 34 chest, I would measure the width of your breast upright with arms down and choose an implant that is about 3/4 cm less than the width of your breast, not a tear-drop shape but a round implant, and a medium profile (called medium plus in silicone gel implants), and expect you to increase by about 1 1/2 cup sizes to a full C cup with the implant in a subpectoral position. This is not exact but about as controllable/predictable as it gets. 

I don't feel the shape other than round is necessary or beneficial and can rotate or cause distortions. The effect of the implant on perceived size of the breast is less under the muscle than above the muscle but it doesn't actually affect the size of the implant. The same thing happens when you look at the effect of an implant external placed in a bra compared to when the implant is placed behind the breast. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

If I were seeing you in consultation, I would ask that you clarify what you mean by a “full C”. My concern is that terms such as these may mean different things to different people. Therefore, I would ask that you bring in “goal pictures” of what you would like to achieve. It is also helpful to view pictures of breasts that you feel are too small or too big… Viewing goal pictures without clothing are most helpful.
I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

After direct examination and a full communication of  your goals, it is likely that your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with some guidelines as to what size/profile/ type of breast implants  will most likely help achieve your goals.
Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   I suggest that you allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.