What Size Implants Should I Get to Go from a AA to a B Cup?

I'm a male that is looking to get breast augmentation to feminize my chest. I have a little bit of breast tissue so I'm not flat chested but I don't think I have enough breast tissue to be considered a AA cup. The size of breasts I'm hoping to get would be a B cup. I am wondering, about what size implants would I need to achieve the size I desire?

Breast Implant size

+1

For a true A cup to go to a full B, you would likely need an implant of 275-325 cc.  This would be the largest I would suggest going particularly if you want a natural look.  With limited soft tissue to cover the implant, any larger would look very round and not natural.  

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

+1

This may take 250 cc to 400 cc depending upon whether you want a small B or full B as well as chest wall width and a number of other factors.  You should try on sizers in the office to determine what you would like.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Unfortunately, online consultants are not in a position to provide you with precise enough advice.

The best online advice I can give to patients who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “B cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

+1

Good question.  It's ABOUT 150-200 cc per bra cup size, but less than that if you're shorter/narrow chested and more than that if you're taller/broader chested.  It's also less going from a AA to an A than from a C to a D.  If you put all of that together along with the fact that you're male, you would probably need a 300 cc implant or so to accomplish what you want.  However, you may not have the tissue for that.  If that's the case (ie, if your skin is too tight) you can maximize the size of the implant you can have by choosing saline (smaller incision) and, possible, the axillary incision (farther away from the surgical site so less tension on the incision).  Not that I would necessarily select the size as the major determining factor (I wouldn't) but those, at least, are the considerations.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS