Will Breasts Get Smaller Once the Implant Settles? (photo)

I had my breast lift and breast implants on april 6 2012 I started with a small B cup and had large areolas, I really wanted to be a small to an average D cup and requested 375cc but my surgeon said siince i had such big areolas I couldnt choose to big because he would not be able to close the skin to well , so he placed 360cc in each which now look great and I love them im only 5 days post op and i tried on a sport bra that was 38C, will they go smaller once they settle ?

Breast implants and settling

+1

Certainly during the early post-op period, the breasts may appear slightly larger than what they will appear once the swelling goes down.

Breast Size Change after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I have found that it is very difficult to predict whether the breasts will look smaller or larger as breast implants settle. One of the factors involved is swelling; as  swelling dissipates the breasts may appear smaller. On the other hand, as breast implants settle (“drop and fluff"),  the breasts may appear larger ( believe it or not).

I would suggest continued patience and follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Swelling after augmentation and areolar reduction

+1

You will be swollen for a few weeks and it can take as long as three months for the breasts to settle as the skin accomodates to your new volume.  Use moisturizers and wear a comfortable bra. You seem to have good symmetry and will likely have the result you seek.

Rosendo Martinez,MD,FACS

+1

Thanks for your question.It appears as if surgery was done recently.You have some swelling that is obvious,and with few months down the line they will improve. Be patient.

Dr Rosendo Martinez,FACS 

Puerto Rico Plastic Surgeon

Does the Breast Get smaller after Implants Settle

+1

Your breast size will not chznge with settling of the implants, but if youy have swelling and the swelling goes away your breasts will get smaller. Be patient!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Implant settling

+1

This early in the recovery period, the implant generally sits a little high and there is some mild swelling.  As the swelling resolves and the lower pole of the breast relaxes allowing the implant to "drop" the final result will likely look a little smaller but should still look great. 

Web reference: http://www.yorkyates.com

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

Thanks for your question.  In my practice, patients experience settling of the breast implants sometimes from an initial higher position.  Also, swelling will often occur giving the impression of a larger result, which then decreases over the first couple of months.  But these changes are usually a small percentage of the overall size.  jeffscottmd.com

Everett Plastic Surgeon

Will Breasts Get Smaller Once the Implant Settles?

+1

WOW1 are we in a hurry or what? It has been only 4 days since the operation. Does hearing, "Rome wasn't built in a day!" apply to your understanding that surgery takes time to heal. Yes you will become smaller.