5'1 and 115 lbs very curvery figure -What Size Implant Should I Get?

I am 5'1 and 115 lbs very curvery figure and am considering breast implants. I am just wondering what size implants would look good on me i do not want to go too big or too small for my body type and want the implants to look natural.Right now my bra size ranges from a 36B to a 34C my breast do not look small just a lil deflated from breastfeeding my son and are not as pearky as they used to be. Wondering what would be the best options for me.

Breast implant size

+2

Dear Shell,

It is difficult to advise someone about breast implant size without seeing them.  You should decide on that with your chosen surgeon.  A particular volume or number is not helpful and can be very dangerous to go after.  For example a 200 cc implant placed in a short narrow chested individual may make that person very large, while the same exact implant in somebody who is 6 ft tall and wide chested may bearly get them from an A to a B.  My particular philosophy in advising patients is that they should choose the smallest implant that will satisfy their needs based on their interaction with their surgeon.  Remember that larger implants are associated with more complications and more damage to the natural breast.   

Breast Implant Size. Google IT! WHAT IS YOUR RANGE?

+2

In any patient there is a range of sizes that they can have and look fine.    I tell patients there is a range of right size small,  right size right,  and right size large.    I have patients do some homework on their own.  Here is your home work.      GET 5 OR 6 PAIRS OF KNEE HIGH SOCKS, SOME RICE, A KITCHEN MEASURING VOLUME DEVICE IN OUNCES, AND YOU ARE SET TO MAKE SOME IMPLANTS.    LIKELY YOUR RANGE IS 270 TO POSSIBLE 400.   ONE OUNCE IS 30 CC .....SO MAKE A SET OF RICE IN KNEE HIGHS FOR 9 OUNCES = 270 CC..........10=300CC.......11OUNCES=330.....ETC ETCUP TO 390 OR 420.     WEAR THE RICE FILLED KNEE HIGH IN YOUR BRA OR BUY A SPORTS BRA AND TRY THE DIFFERENT SIZES AND LIVE WITH THE SIZE FOR A DAY OR TWO.  TRY IN ALL TYPES OF CLOTHES YOU DESIRE.    I FIND PATIENTS ARE GREATLY HELPED BY THIS TECHNIQUE AND 95% COME TO A CLOSE RANGE OF WHAT THEY REALLY WANT.   THIS WORKS FOR MOST PATIENTS.   SOME GET TO A RANGE AND THEN ASK ME TO DECIDE  THE BEST USING SIZERS AT THE TABLE AND OF COURSE THAT IS A PART OF MY JOB.   So there is is.  I hopes this helps you.  MY BEST, DR GEORGE COMMONS

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implant Size

+1

There are a number of factors in determining the right implant size for you. I find it helpful when a patient brings me a front-on photo of the breast implant size that she likes. This allows us to openly discuss the pros and cons of the size. I then have the patient try on various implant sizes. Together we discuss the pros and cons of the desired size and come to a decision. Your board certified plastic surgeon is trained to listen to your concerns and address them. Find the right surgeon and you will be happy with your results!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

I determine breast implant size by talking with my patients and having them show me what size they would like to be. I also advise them that it is best to go a little larger for the breast do lose volume with time. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best to find an excellent surgeon

+1

I agree with Dr Edwards and Dr  Aly's  answers along with a number of the other surgeons who have written to you.   The most important thing that you can do is select an excellent Board Certified Plastic Surgeon member of ASAPS.   She or he will examine you after listening to your desires and will make suggestions.   Together you may look at photos and your surgeon will better understand what you like and what you do not like about breast size, shape and orientation.   Good Luck   Dr Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

Breast Implant Size

+1

Being from Needles, it is difficult to see several plastic surgeons, but this may be the best way to understand sizing for you. 

My approach is based on four factors:  First, what the woman wants.  You are now B to C cup, and want more fullness but natural appearance.  This tells me I want a moderate or mid-range profile implant.  A high or full profile implant will produce very large, perhaps disproportionately large breasts considering your moderate stature.  Second, your skin envelope... Is there enough to adequately cover the size you want?  The answer is likely yes if you've had children and are already a B to C cup.  Third, your existing breast volume... The more you start with, the smaller you need to get to a D cup, or DD, or whatever your desired size.  Fourth, and perhaps most important, the base width of your breast.  The center of the implant must be behind your nipple at the conclusion of surgery, and the edge of the implant close enough to your midline to avoid un-natural distance of separation between the breasts.  The implant you select must be broad enough to augment your entire breast, not just the central portion.

Steve Laverson, MD

+1

As you can read all the expert posters recommend trying sizers in some form to give you (just) an idea of the choice you need to make. Always best to do this in your chosen surgeon's office. That is what I do with ALL my pre operative implant patients. After they chose a size I add another 25 to 50 cc's. 

What size implant should I get

+1

I'm amazed to hear answers to this most common question that suggest that it should be entirely up to the surgeon, that it's "pretty technical", or that you can tell by using external sizers, filling baggies, or stuffing socks. Sizing breast implants is somewhat like fitting a shoe to your foot, your body to a dress, or a hip implant to your hip. There are some things that are based on experience and measurements and some things that the patient can choose because the tissues will allow it and it's the patient's choice in a cosmetic procedure. 

The main problems with sizing breast implants is that there is no simple or standard way to measure overall breast size before or after the surgery and therefore no simple way to know what effect a static volume such as X number of cc's will have. External sizers are not helpful and can be quite misleading. You cannot "try on" a breast implant like you can a shoe or dress just like you can't try on a hip implant. 

The breast and the tissues around it are very accommodating and it's possible to "get away" with almost any implant size, but to have a predictable, natural look and some idea of the size increase effect, it is necessary to fit the implant to the base width of the breast it's filling out. In most cases the vertical dimension of a round implant will also fit the height and the third component of volume is the forward volume (projection). There are three main choices for forward volume in a round implant that is fitted to the width of the breast. They are low, medium, and high profile (not necessarily called that or available in both Allergan or Mentor). The tissues will accommodate any of them and unless the breast is unusually wide or narrow for the chest (like a shirt that fits the chest but not the neck), the effect of a low profile implant is to increase the breast size by about one cup size. The medium will look one and 1/2 cups larger and the high profile about two cup sizes larger than what the breast started with. 

So an experienced surgeon should say what the breast size looks like relative to the chest circumference and relative to other women with that chest circumference. Then the width of the breast is measured upright with the arms down. Subtract about 3/4 cm from this width and you have the width of the implant. The patient chooses gel-filled or saline-filled and the profile depending on whether she wants to look 1 - 2 cup sizes larger. The surgeon then has to carry out the procedure properly and the patient has to help get it healed properly. The result should look natural because the implant fit the breast and the effect of the forward volume should achieve the expected increase. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon