I'm 5'7, 118 lbs. What size implant/style will be best to get me from a small 32A to 32C cup without looking "too round & fake"?

I am 5'7" , 118 lbs, 27" ribcage and 10.5 breast width measurements. When I went for my consultation they recommended the UHP 45 style in 320-400. I don't like the obvious ball-like implant look (think Victoria Beckham) and really want a more natural style. I am not looking to go super large either so would a HP implant give a more natural look?

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Use of Ultra High Profile implants

+1
For each individual there will be an optimal range of breast implants that will give a natural appearing result when you deviate from this range there can be problems such as overhanging of the implant laterally or loss of body symmetry.  With a base diameter of 10.5 there will be a narrow range of acceptable implants for you. I would agree, stay away from the ultra high profile implants unless you like a beach ball type result.  Your plastic surgeon will help you select the right implant to meet your goals and expectations.  A high profile or moderate plus profile will definitely give you a nicer result, just not as large.  

Selecting the Correct Implant to Achieve your Goals

+1
Thank-you for your question. Selecting the correct implant size is among the most important decisions in a successful breast augmentation procedure. Placement of the identical implant will not produce the same results in all patients due to differences in:

1.Dimentions of the breast
2.Diameter of the chest
3.Volume of breast tissue
4. Height and weight
5. Breast shape, including breast ptosis and asymmetry

I rely on 3 methods to advise my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel implant sizing
3. 3-Dimensional Vectra imageing system.

At the time of consultation, measurements are taken allowing for dimensional planning to select the implant which best fits the base diameter of the breast. Gel implant sizing is performed to allow you to visualize augmentation the with the various sized implants. Vectra 3-D imaging has been a very important method in my practice in selecting the correct implant size and shape as it allows you to see what you will look like following augmentation with any of the available implants.

Best wishes

Dr. Lyos
Houston, TX
The Woodlands, TX

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

A cup to C cup

+1
It is hard to predict cup size with implant volumes because they do not reliably match up. Best to be seen in person to properly size you.  Good luck.

Small A to C cup

+1
Unfortunately, it is very difficult to I've details without seeing at least some photographs of your breasts.  An exam is ofcourse the best.  However, when I compare your information with other patients I've worked on with similar physical measurements, I've found that 325-350 hp implants under the muscle works well in my hands to achieve a "c" cup.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastu Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

The best implant size to achieve your goals

+1
Thank you for your question.  To help my patients achieve their goals, I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Which breast implant will not look fake

+1
Based on your measurements a breast implant in the 350 cc range should enlarge you to a C cup.

In my experience a moderate profile plus breast implant looks much more normal than a high profile or halter high profile implant.  I believe you are correct that the ultra high profile and high-profile could give you the fake look.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Choosing the right implant

+1
Choosing the right implant depends on 2 things:
What your plastic surgeon tells you is possible,
And the look you want, within the possible range.

You are tall, slim and have a long, narrow chest. 
It sounds as though you have chosen a saline implant.

A 350 cc implant is likely to make you a C cup that doesn't look fake -
but it depends on your tissues too - if the skin is loose, if you are completely flat 
with tight skin. 

Also saline implants tend to look round as the implant is filled uniformly with salt water.
Gel implants tend to have the gel flow to the lower part of the implant -
and the most natural look may be the anatomic shape, which is not round but slopes down
with the greatest fullness at the lower implant.

But these are gel implants. To be sure you have chosen the best implant, go back to your plastic 
surgeon and review your choices so that whatever you decide - it is the best choice for you. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1
Thank you for your question . Have you asked your surgeon about a silicone implant?
Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Choosing the right implant

+1
Choosing the right implant is a very personal decision. Your surgeon should be able to give you different options based on your dimensions and your desired goals. Based on some of the comments that you made, you may want to consider a shaped implant. This provides a little more of a natural shape to the breast.  In addition, if you are not wanting a very large implanted look, then you may also want to consider a smaller implant.

I would consider going back to your surgeon for another consultation, or seek another consultations so you have a better sense of what you're wanting as end result.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD