Size of Implant for Revision - What Size Would Fit my Frame?

Currently have 360 cc over muscle,for 13 years. I was originally a 34B bra size and now wear 34D. I have BF 4 kids.6 ft & now weigh ~139. Small upper body frame & larger backside. Implants rippled, I have capsular contraction. Going under this time. Pic shows with 38D while prego.+40 lbs.Want a DD

+1

Given the fact that you are pregnant and our inablity to predict the unique effects of breast engorgement, lactation and nursing. It will be best to make that decision when you have ceased breast feeding for at least 4 months.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Size of implants?

+1

The choice of an implants is made after a thorough exam and a discussion with the patiene about her goals. Your photo does not help.

Choosing the best Implant for you

+1

Hi there-

Unfortunately, it would be impossible to responsibly answer your question without first meeting you and performing a careful physical examination.

I also do not believe it is usually in the patient's best interests to commit to an implant before surgery... Think of it this way- you do your homework, believe you've chosen the implant you want, find a surgeon willing to put that implant in you, and then wake up with breasts that do NOT look like what you wanted... 

Would you be happy with the process or outcome? Probably not. This happens quite often, because women would like to feel as much in control of the situation and decisions as possible. But the problem is that doing so relegates the surgeon to the role of a technician- going through the motions to put the implant you chose into your body- but without you benefitting from the surgeon's education, training, experience, and knowledge- because you've tied his hands and committed to the implant before surgery.

I advise patients to find the right SURGEON first... Someone you know has the education, training, experience, personality, outcomes, and INTEGRITY required to keep you safe and pursue your goal with artistry and zeal. 

THEN communicate carefully with them the problems you have with your current implants, and your goals for your appearance. After a careful physical examination, such a surgeon will be able to advise you on the best method for achieving your goals, as well as all reasonable alternatives.

Proceeding in this fashion, you in effect have chosen a professional carefully, communicated your goals and concerns, and allowed the professional to bring his knowledge and expertise to bear to your benefit.

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2010/01/achieving-beautiful-breasts-you-desire.html#657

Picking BEST BREAST IMPLANTS for a 6ft/139lbs woman with 360ccrippled over the muscle implants

+1

The rippling of your 360cc ?saline breast implants indicates that there is little remaining breast tissue covering the implants. As a result of the progressive thinning of your breasts, the pre-existing rippling of the breast implants are becoming visible and palpable. Going under the muscle is a good idea. I would also suggest you consider gel implants instead of saline. Gel implants ripple less than saline and are slightly lighter than saline implants.

I think you would probably need an implant in the 400's to maintain the present breast cup size. You may to have your plastic surgeon show different gel implants sizes to help you decide.

Size of implant for revision

+1

Your question is a very personally one that should be discussed in person with the chosen operating surgeon. My choice for an answer is 450 cc HP.

Best of luck From MIAMI DR. B

How to pick size of breast implants.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes

Answer by George J. Beraka, MD
1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.