What Size of Implant? Would Like to Go With Silicone Cohesive Gel?

I am 40 yrs old, 5'2" 110 lbs, asian. Never had children. I have been small-framed my whole life. The reason why I joined this community is to get some helpful tips from ppl who have gone through BA. I wear a 34a or a small 34b depending on the bra, but hardly fill them. I would like to go with silicone cohesive get implant, but I have no idea how big I should go with. I don't want to look too big or disproportionate as I am very flat and thin chested. Thinking maybe 300-375cc? Thanks.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implant Size Selection to achieve your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Sizing Of The Implants Before The Breast Augmentation

+1

Sizing for implants before undergoing breast augmentation is a little tricky when you confine yourself to the "cup-size" method especially that bras of same cup size differ and there is not a constant rubric to follow.

Therefore, the best bet is to try on different sizes during your consultation with your surgeon. Wearing a tight shirts is important as it helps showing a fair approximation of how your breasts size will look like after surgery.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

To see what the best options are for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Appropriate breast implant sizing can only be accomplished during your consultation.

+1

General comments from other patients can be helpful but often they can lead to confusion. Your consultation with a Plastic Surgeon should include a discussion of your goals. However, your anatomy and particularly your breast tissue specifics will guide the best choice of implants, size and shape as well as the best surgical approach. Without much of your own breast tissue to cover the details of a breast implant, a cohesive silicone gel implant placed into a sub-pectoral muscle location is usually recommended. A round implant of the sizes you are considering will likely produce a rather artificial final result however without measurements and a consultation ths is only speculation.

Our patients also find the 3D Vectra imaging done as part of your consultation to be very helpful for visualizing the impact of various implant shapes and sizes.

Get specific advice during a consultation rather than well intentioned but inaccurate information from the internet.

Regards,

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

Although I think this is an excellent forum for patients to receive general advice regarding plastic surgical procedures, for more specific advice pertaining to your situation you will be best off communicating with your chosen plastic surgeon.

I suggest that you choose your plastic surgeon based on appropriate  training, certification, and (most importantly)  the ability to demonstrate significant numbers of “results” that appear to be aesthetically pleasing to you. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work ( preferably in person).
You will find that you will be bombarded with information online;  this information will be probably conflicting and/or confusing.
Communication with your plastic surgeon will be key to achieving the results you are looking for. Unfortunately, the use of words such as “too big or disproportionate” means different things to different people. . 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

What Size of Implant?

+1

375 cc may be a bit large on your frame given your stated goals. 

You will get a better answer by seeing a plastic surgeon in consultation. You can try the implants on and see (about) how they might look after surgery in terms of size, and decide, with your surgeon, what will work best to reach your goals. 

Thanks for the question, best wishes.