Not Sure What Size Implant? I'm 5'10 150lbs 34B 31. (photo)

I'm 5'10-150lbs-34B now-31"rib cage-36-29-38-size 6-Athletic build. I want a very natural look-full full C. Silicone/Unders/Infram My surgery is in a month & my out of town doc said a minimum 371cc for my frame & measurements to make a difference. That seems big! Help!!! Don't want regrets later. Was not impressed with Vectra images-front image looked weird. I like 371cc rice sizers I made. Should I order the silicone sizers off ebay?? Does silicone under the muscle & being tall tuck a lot away?

Implant size

+3

Thanks very much for your question. I like to use sizers from Mentor which we have patients try on in the office. I then have patients photographed in their own clothing and then let them view this privately on line. I find that this is realistic and works well at giving patients a good idea of what to really expect. Based on your height and weight I would say something in the 350-400cc range sounds correct. But I would have to examine you to know for certain. 

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+2

That implant size seems right for someone with your build if you want to be a full C.  It is a conservative size.  The problem with using rice sizes is that the implants seem smaller when inside you and especially when under the muscle than when you try on a sizer.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implant Sizers

+2

Thank you for your pictures.  Using sizers from one of the implant companies is fine but is just another tool help guide everyone's decision.  In my office once a lady determines she likes a certain sizer then I increase the volume I may ultimately use to match her desired look.  The sizers sit on top of the skin and are not influenced by the muscle and skin which tend to restrict the true implant size to some degree.  Additionally, in my experience taller women tend to handle larger volume implants better (400-500).

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Rice sizers do help determine how it will look on you...

+2

and I'm not sure how you created a 371 cc sizer but if you were accurate and liked the look, you should be good to go.  It is very hard to be perfect here but realize you will be fuller and closer to what you consider ideal.  The biggest complaint I get from my patients is "I wish I went a little larger".  At 5'10", you could carry a larger size if you wanted to.  Enjoy your journey!

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation in tall female

+2

I think that if you l ike the volume that you did the rice test with and there is an implant of the proper dimensions that fits your body in that range, it may be reasonable for you to go with that volume. An exam in person would be essential.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1

Since you are tall you could accomodate more of an implant than you think, that being said small implants are nice and more of something does not always mean better. I like 270-330 for someone like you

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Choosing Implant size

+1

I  much prefer to help my patients choose their size in person, with sizers.  When you are in the office in person with me, I can explain to you the difference in how sizers look in a bra as opposed to when they are implanted.  If you are not able to see me prior to your surgery day, I would have three different sizes of implants  available the day of surgery-choose your size the day of surgery using the sizers, and then  return the unused implants or have them put them back into inventory.  This is an important decision, and you want to make sure that you and your surgeon are truly on the same page with what your goals and expectations. I sometimes utilize Skype and phone consultation with pictures to view in this situation

Dan Mills, MD

Not Sure What Size Implant? I'm 5'10 150lbs 34B 31.

+1

Poorly posted photos! Out of town surgery could be a problem. The size seems to small to me. Best to obtain IN TOWN second opinions !!

Not Sure What Size Implant?

+1

It is not possible for us to give you an implant size without a consultation and examination. You need to let your surgeon know what look you want. He is paid to find the size that makes it happen. Picking an implant to get a desired look when you don't do that everyday as a profession is asking for a bad result.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant size

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS