Which Size Implant - 304cc or 339 Cc - for Very Petite Woman?

Ok, I have a dilemma... not sure if to go with 304 cc's or 339 cc's. I'm "very" petite 4'11 and weight about 105 lbs (39yrs old, had one child), I want to look as natural as possible. Want a moderate under the muscle implant . My bra size is a small 34b and want to go to a c (do NOT want to look top heavy), which one do u think would look better on a small petite lady?

Which Size Implant - 304cc or 339 Cc - for Very Petite Woman

+1

Which Size Implant - 304cc or 339 Cc - for Very Petite Woman: I would advise you to consider the smaller implant.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Implant choices

+1

In  general, the smalleer the more natural it looks. If you are petite as you say, it may be better to go smaller.

Picking the Right Size Breast Implant

+1

As a petite woman, implants will look much bigger on you than the average sized woman.  However, most women complain that they probably "should have gone a bit bigger" months after surgery.  Nothing will replace a full exam and measurements, but if you are sitting on the fence between two implants, I almost always encourage someone to pick the larger size.

Even though most women want to be "as natural as possible" no woman wants to be so natural that they cant see a result.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

304 vs. 339 breast implants

+1

Although 35 cc's will make a small but noticeable difference in size (usually the border of noticeability is 20-25 cc's) this isn't the answer. 

If you are a 34 mid B and you want to be a 34 mid C then you need a low profile implant (called a low profile in saline but a moderate in gels) that matches the width of your breast. I suspect your breast width is a bit less than average so looking at a guess for width that will fit you in a low profile (moderate profile gel) that would be more in the 200 - 225 cc range. The effect of the volume is relative to the size of the patient and their preoperative breast just like clothing and shoe sizes work. Properly fitted low profile implants will increase the size of the breast by about one cup size unless the breast is unusually wide or narrow relative to the chest circumference. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants sizing is not exact

+1

All women will have a certain range of implants sizes that will look good on them.  All of this depends on many variables and particularly on the woman's own sense of appearance.  A 30 cc size difference is not very detectable but as the implant size increases then the implant will show itself more. 

Discuss this with your surgeon and try on implants to see if the size feels right to you. 

Best Wishes.

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

+1

Difficult question to answer without an exam and measurements and the type of implants used, but the two sizes are so close that it really would not make that much of a difference if both are the same profile.  You are looking at about a shot glass difference between the two.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastaugmentation-breastimplants-newport-beach.php

Breast implants for petite woman

+1

It’s hard to say without a photo which placement fits you the best. There are various factors regarding how you want your breasts to look and feel, but if you and your doctor have a good, open line of communication, you shouldn’t need to go back and forth on your decision.

A major factor that effects how breast implants look and feel is whether they're inserted over or under the chest (pectoral) muscle. I do submammary and submuscular implants, inserting the implants under the breast tissue and over the muscle through an incision in the breast fold. The result is fabulous: perkiness with barely a trace of scar.

If you want the most natural-looking breast you'll need a subpectoral implant, in which the implant is placed under the muscle. This procedure also requires the merest incision - about three centimeters in the crease under the breast or at the edge of the nipple -- and diminishes the incidence of capsular contracture, the formation of hard scar tissue around the implant which occurs in 10 to 30 percent of cases.

Subpectoral implants aren't right for everyone, though. If you have saggy breasts, an implant placed under the muscle won't fill out that empty breast sack, and you'll get what we call the "double bubble" look, where the implant is situated next to your armpit and the breast hangs several inches below it. Instead, you can have a procedure called augmentation mastopexy, in which the implant is placed under the muscle and the skin on the breast is lifted and tightened.

In short, you must know -- realistically -- what you are starting with, as well as what you want to look like when surgery is done. Do you want a natural appearance or a round, perky look? These are some of the factors I weigh with my patients when evaluating what type of procedure to do.