Do You Have to Be a Certain Size for Any Cosmetic Surgery?

I'm 5'7 225lbs I'm interested in a liposculpture, Bbl, and a TT. I want to do the liposculpture and BBL first then the TT. Do I have to be a certain weight amount if so Wht do u recommend?

Do you have to be a certain weight for cosmetic surgery?

+1

In undergoing cosmetic surgery it is desirable to have close to optimal weight.  The reasons are twofold. First, you will get a better aesthetic result and second, it is safter. Now we realize that most patients who present for aesthetic surgery will not be at their ideal weight, and that't s all right! But you should not be in the obese category. And this applies, especially, for the Tummy tuck procedure. You need to be examined by a Board certified plastic surgeon who wil also calculate your BMI.

BMI 35, ??candidate for surgery

+1

Many surgeons feel that a body mass index (BMI) of over 30 adds considerable risk to many of the operations we perform. Tummy tuck is certainly one of those. To get to that level of BMI at your height you would need to get weight down to about 190 pounds.

That alone will likely do a lot for your appearance, let alone your general health. It would also make a truly nice aesthetic outcome for your surgery considerably more likely, and would diminish some of the risks that are present for all patients, but are magnified in patients who are overweight. 

Without photos it is hard to make any suggestions even if the elevated risks were not a factor. If your breasts sag, they can be lifted, albeit with higher risk of wound healing problems.  A tummy tuck at your current weight might improve your appearance if there is overhanging skin. Liposuction might improve an area that is out of proportion with the rest of your figure. There are safety limits concerning how much can be removed by liposuction, so it is not a useful weight loss tool.

Good luck and best wishes.

Weight for liposculpture

+1
At 225 lbs, you fall into the obese range. Assuming that you do not otherwise need a tummy tuck, it is important to understand the limitations of lipo in the obese population. Additionally, if you have any plans to lose weight, I recommend that you reach. And maintain a comfortable weight prior to surgery. I do not think it is wise to spend money on a procedure which may be combined with the TT or which you may not need after weight reduction.

Robert L. Kraft, MD