Recommended Different Sizes During Different Consultations, How Do I Choose the Right CCs?

I´m 5.1ft, weight 88lbs and have a BWD of 11cm. I am a 32A and would like a small C cup. One PS told me that a range between 280cc and 310cc HP implants would look good on me. He prefers Natrelle Inspira. He said that he uses temporary sizers during surgery. Another one told me that since I have a very small frame, I could have 230cc HP implants. He prefers Natrelle. What do you think is better considering my measurements?

Breast Augmentation Sizes

+2

Multiple preoperative measurements need to be taken to determine your size range.

That said, an interesting study was done among women who underwent breast implantation. Initially, many of the women were shocked by the change and felt they had made a terrible mistake because their breasts were too large. Six months after surgery, 90 percent of the women said they were okay with the size. One year later, 90 percent wished the implants were larger. So I counsel my patients that one year after the operation, there is a 90 percent chance they will wish they had had bigger implants.

All the best!  "Dr. Joe"

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation Based on Measurements

+2

Besides your measurements, it is important to examine your tissue characteristics and to discuss your expectations. Your measurements are just one small part of the decision-making process. Based on your photo, your areola are very large and will become even larger postoperatively. Also, although your base width is 11cm, the width of your chest is much wider and your breast does not fill the width. Therefore, you may want to consider an implant with a base width larger than that of your breast to fill that space and to minimize the space between your breasts postoperatively.  

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Size

+2

I agree that an online response is not the answer. Given your weight and height, I would advise one of my patients to stay more conservative on size and also consider silicone

Michael Hueneke, MD

Choosing Breast Implant Size?

+2

There is no way an online consultant  with limited information,  and without the benefit of viewing your goal pictures can be more helpful to you than  the plastic surgeons you have met in person.

I would suggest that you select the plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to be able to achieve your goals ( after you communicate these carefully with him/her). Once you have made this selection continue the communication process until you feel comfortable that you are both on the same page in regards to your size goals. 

At some point, you will need to trust the surgeon you have selected to pick  breast implants that will most  closely  achieve  your goals.

Best wishes. P

Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant choices

+1

Choosing the right implants for you requires an exam and a discussion of your goals.  Remember surgeons like chefs follow slightly different recipes to achieve a good result.