Size F to C Cup for Me?

I am 20 years old and just had a baby 4 months ago. I have always been very large breasted since I was 13. I am 5'4 and 170 pounds and still losing weight. My normal weight is 140 and I im working to get down to that weight again. My question I am thinking of getting a reduction down from a F cup to a c cup. Would a c cup look well proportioned on me?

Breast Reduction After Pregnancy

+2

First, I would recommend a breast reduction and lift once you have lost all your baby weight.  In other words, your weight loss has stabilized. To determine your final size and what is achievable with breast surgery requires a physical examination of the breasts. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options once your weight loss has stabilized.

Breast Size After Breast Reduction?

+1

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Expectations After Breast Reduction

+1

Trying to go from an F cup to a C cup may be difficult as cup size depends on your other breast measurement - the chest circumference. So a woman with a size 40F bra cup size would have a much larger breast volume than a woman with a size 36F bra. Once you reach your stable weight and breast size, discuss the realistic goals of how much your breasts can be reduced with a plastic surgeon. It may be better to focus less on the cup size after surgery (which is hard to predict) and more on the relief that can come from breast reduction surgery. Your surgeon may find it useful if you bring in some pictures of women with similar body types as yours with the approximate breast size that you think is right for you. If your breasts are made smaller and lifted higher on your chest, you may find that you look more proportional since your breasts are in a more youthful position and your abdomen looks smaller.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

F cup to a c cup

+1

First, I would lose all the baby weight first and make sure that you stop breast feeding if you have not already. I usually wait at least 6 months to a year after pregnancy to perform a breast reduction. As for size it depends upon the exam.

Size F to C Cup for Me?

+1

Without posting a photo very hard to advise. My guess is No that might be to small for your frame. I would go for a D-cup. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. BLINSKI

Most women want to be a C !

+1

However a C is not the same on all women. When a plastic surgeon plans a reduction multiple factors are considered to achieve what will be a well proportioned result. While most of my patients end up around a C a period of time must pass before proper sizing can be done.

Thomas R. Walek, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction final size?

+1

I would encourage a woman who has just had a baby to wait at least 6 months from the time they stop breast feeding before they consider a breast reduction surgery. 

Also, if you feel you still have "baby weight" to lose, attempt to do so prior to surgery. Your final result will only be better. 

Discuss you concerns with the plastic surgeon who will be performing the surgery. Let them know your postoperative goals. I have found many women who have always had large breasts if shown a "C" size breast for their frame, would think it to be too small for them. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction from F to C cup

+1

You state that you have been large breasted since your teens. Now, 4 months postpartum you are an F cup. Do you breast feed? If not, I still would wait until your breasts are back to the prepregnancy state and you also reached your desired weight. At that time you should consult a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your option for breast reduction. If you want your insurance to cover the surgery, there's a weight requirement based on your body surface area. Your BSA calculates out as 1.86 meters squared. If you go down to 140 lbs than your BSA is 1.69.  You would need 520gm or 360gm removed per breast respectively. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Talk about best breast reduction cup sizes with your surgeon.

+1

Without photos or a personal consultation, it is hard to determine what cup size will look appropriate on you.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified PS and talk about different options for you that will make your breasts smaller and firm.