What Size Cc Should I Get to Suite my Body? (photo)

I am 24, 5.2" and 110 pounds. My current bra size is a 34 A. I am small, however I feel that I have slightly wide shoulders. I don't want huge breasts but would rather like to be more in proportion and would like them to compliment my body in a nice dress. I will probably go for silicone implants, partly under the muscle.

Implant size

+1
I would recommend implants in the 275cc to 325cc range, depending on if you want to be a full B-cup or a C-cup size. Either way you should look great. Good luck.

Implant Selection Process

+1
Thank you for question. There are a couple of important things for you to consider that relate your question:
(1) There is no standardized measurement for a "cup". I don't even discuss it with my patients. What is important is how the breast looks on your body, not the cup size. I always say there is a  Sears "C" and a Victoria's Secret "C" and the two are not the same. Many stores vanity size. The last thing you want is your opinion to be biased because of a trivial number. 
(2) Choosing a correct implant involves dimensional planing; measuring the base width of the breast, thickness of the skin, nipple to fold distance and height of the breast. This will give your surgeon the best idea of what your breast's skin envelope can safely accommodate. You don't want to put too large of an implant in just because you like the size. It will lead to problems such as bottoming out, thinning of the skin and won't look good long term. 
(3) Implants with the same volume are not the same i.e. a 325 high profile is different than a 325 moderate plus. Dimensional analysis of your breast can tell if one or both are an option. Then, its a matter of trying on sizers (I use the Mentor Volume system as well implants. This will give you a good idea of your post operative result.
(4) I would look at pictures and show them to your surgeon. This way he will have a better idea of your aesthetic and can assist in choosing the proper implant. 
(4) Last, but most important, go to a board certified PLASTIC surgeon (not the same thing as a "cosmetic" surgeon). 

Matthew Becker, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Picking the best implant size for you

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant choices

+1

The best way to properly size you is to have you seen in person and perform an exam and get a good medical history.  The final cup size does not always match up with cup volume.  Performing a baggy test may be good to nail down the final volume after the exam and implant size is suggested.

Breast Implant Size

+1

Breast implant size is a personal choice to some extent.  In general, 200 to 250 cc will increase you a cup size.  400 cc implant will likely get you to a C cup.  This may or may not be appropriate for your goals, but trying on the implants is helpful.

What Size CCs Should I Get? #breastimplants

+1

Sizing is not about a number. In fact, I do not even discuss numbers with my patients. If a patient walks through the door and says they want x-cc implants I have to educate them about how sizing works. The best analogy I can relate this to is buying shoes. When you go to buy shoes how do you do that? First you start with the size your foot is right? So if your foot is a 6.5 you try on all kinds of 6.5 size shoes. Some may be tall, some might be flat, and some might be somewhere in between. You would never try to buy a size 8 shoe because it would be too big for your foot right? Breast sizing is the exact same way. Implants come in several different profiles that are like different heights of shoes. Implants can be low profile, moderate profile, or high profile. There are even implants that are higher than high. That would be your high platform shoe. Each implant style give you a different look. Now, your breast has a defined width that we call the base diameter of the breast. This would be analogous to the show size. Your breast base diameter never changes. It is what it is. So now, you can choose several different style of implants that fit the number of your breast base diameter. That really narrows down what implant is best for you. So once you know your breast base diameter you can try the low, moderate, high or really high implants on. The only think you have to decide is which look you are going for. You would never put an implant that is 13 centimeters wide in a patient whose base diameter is 10 centimeters. Half the implant would be in the armpit. So, this is very simple to me. My patients get a few choices that fit their breast and that is it. I will not put an implant in a patient that is too wide for their body because it will harm them over time. Hope this helps.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and  pictures.
 As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “proportionate” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

Hi Janine,

Implant size is a matter of personal preference.  Only you can decide what is the best size.  During your consultation with a Plastic Surgeon try on different size implants in order to see what suits your body habitus and fulfills your wishes.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

What Size Cc Should I Get to Suite my Body

+1

Your idea of proportion may not be much like mine, so the best option is to try on implants, and see how they look. your surgeon can use that info, along with findings on a physical exam, to help choose the right implant size. 

Most of us don't like to speak in terms of cup size, since there are no fixed definitions. I have patients with bras that fit in 3 different cup sizes. Saying that, estimated cc for a cup size increase are often quoted at 150-200 cc. I would suspect that something in the 250-300 cc range would make you what I would consider proportionate. 

Thank you for your question, and for the photos attached. Best wishes.