What size of butt implants should I go with? (petite - 5'2 - 110lbs) (photo)

I trying to find more information on butt implants; please provide your suggestions and recommendations. Thank you.

BUTTOCK IMPLANT SIZE SELECTION

+2
One of the most important factors in creating the perfect derriere with implants is indeed selecting the right size AND shape. I have found the best way to assure this is to simply measure the actual dimensions of the patient’s buttock cheeks. With these anatomical measurements, I can select an implant that not only significantly augments the buttock but also supplies the correct 3-dimensional enhancement to look as real as possible. Therefore the only way for you to know what implant works best is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in this procedure and have him/her take your measurements before selecting an implant and proceeding with surgery.

The largest buttock implant currently available in the USA is a 690cc round implant. Indeed custom implants can be ordered larger, not only at a premium price but at a premium risk for most patients'. Unlike breast implants which are placed under the very expandable tissue of the breast and half of the pectoral major muscle, buttock implants are (most preferably) placed under (or at least within) the largest strongest muscle of the body, the gluteus maximus muscle, which is not nearly as expandable or forgiving. Thus most patients simply do not have a large enough native buttock muscle to fit an implant over even 500 ccs', without leading to significant complication such as wound breakdown/opening &/or implant exposure...necessitating removal.

Thus some of those sought after video-vixen and celeb-types (without mentioning names) with extreme bottoms could have either gotten lucky with an largely oversized implant, had a large volume of some type of filler such as silicone or hydrogel (all highly NOT recommended because of possible severe even deadly complications), and/or have relatively natural genetically blessed derrières.

Nonetheless, buttock implants are a proven safe and effective method of buttock augmentation as long as the recommendations of a board certified plastic surgeon specialist are adhered to.

Glad to help.

What size of butt implants should I go with? (petite - 5'2 - 110lbs)

+1
If you really want buttock implants, you would have to come in to get an estimate for size and shape. In general, most women cannot tolerate anything more than 400 cc within the muscle.  In a woman your size, 300 cc may be more appropriate.

Hello rose2015, Thank you for your question.

+1
The butt implants is a procedure to mold buttocks área. This procedure provides very natural results
that depends on several factors.
  • 1.the surgeon‘s skill.
  • 2.The technique that the surgeon choice.
  • 3.The tissues elasticity
  • 4.The implants size

Is very important to choose an implant anatomic form, place it in the muscle: intramuscular, so that the final shape gluteus apparent a muscular, naturally.
Depending on your body type and your desires you would recommend implants from 400 cc to 500 cc, not more than that to prevent future problems or artificial appearance.

I hope it has been helpful.

Translation provided by doctor:

Hola rose2015, gracias por su pregunta.

Los implantes glúteos de silicona son un procedimiento para moldear el área de los glúteos. Este procedimiento provee resultados muy naturales, que dependen de varios factores.
  • 1.La habilidad del cirujano
  • 2.La técnica que el cirujano escoja
  • 3.La elasticidad de los tejidos
  • 4.El tamaño del implante

Es muy importante escoger un implante de forma anatómica, colocarlo dentro del musculo: intramuscular, para que la forma final aparente un glúteo musculoso, de forma natural. Dependiendo de tu contextura y de tus deseos te recomendaría implantes entre 400 cc y 500 cc, no mayor que eso para evitar problemas futuros o apariencia artificial.

Espero te haya sido útil.

Dr. Carlos Alberto Rios

Carlos Alberto Rios Garcia, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon