What size of breasts is good for my body type? (Photo)

I would like to know how large I should make my breasts while still looking natural. I am 4 foot 11 inches and 93 pounds. My bra size right now is 32A. My body measurements are 30-24-34. I would like to become a 32B and have the body measurements of 32-24-34 so I can be more evenly proportioned.

Picking the right implant size

+2
Picking the right implant size and style for your frame is something I think most plastic surgeons spend a lot of time on with patients during consultation-- we really want our patients to get the best results possible, and what I have found is that in general there is no one right implant, but rather a range of sizes that can give you a very nice result.  Seeing a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult is a great first step and often speaking with more than one will help you make the best choice!  Great question and good luck.

Choose the right implant

+1
Thank you for your breast implant question.

• Choosing the right implant is very important,
  • You are petite and your goals are reasonable,
  • You will want an implant that projects between 2 and 3 cm, 
  • You want to start trying on sizers of 200 cc in size and work your way up.
  • You want to take a tight tank top to the consultation and ideally, have a friend come with you.
  • You need to find a plastic surgeon you can trust and rely on his/her assessment because the right implant depends on your chest measurements, your goals, height, weight, skin looseness, breast fullness and proportions, implant placement and profile. 
  • Hope this helps! Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

BBA

+1
This is always a difficult decision for some. In my opinion, the best thing to do is have a thorough sizing session. I provide my patients with a range of about 3-4 implants that are appropriate for their specific measurements. I then have them try these implants on in a special sizing bra. With this process, my patients have been able to choose their own implants. I have found this to be the best method for implant sizing. Be sure to see a board certified PS in your area. They should be willing to spend the time with you doing this. Best of luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Small implants for a petite patient

+1
First of all, kudos to you for wanting to stay with a "it could have appeared in nature look". 

Implant selection should occur in the consultation room with the physician helping you decide on the size of implant.  The recommended size will depend on your measurements and the look that you like.  I have patients try on implants with a tight sports bra and then we take a look with a nice tight t-shirt. 

I size my patients personally because, as the one who has done a bajillion of these surgeries, I have the best judgment as to what will "fit" both the patient's body and her expectations.  I know many doctors delegate this task to staff but I don't. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

What size of breasts is good for my body type?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Base on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  However, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your   desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "B or C cup" or "proportionate" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

The Best Implant Size for You

+1
Choosing the right implant for your body is an important decision.  It is not a decision that can be made well with only a photograph.  An in person consultation allows you to discuss your goals, be accurately measured, and try on sizers to see what works best for you. Your anatomy will determine many of the possibilities, as it sounds like you have a small frame.  I am located in Seattle and would b happy to meet with you to help you choose what is best for you.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Picking an implant size?

+1
The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size

+1
There are a wide range of sizes that may be appropriate for your case. i have found computer enhancement a wonderful tool for patients like yourself.A computer can create a three dimensional representation of your body and illustrate what you would look like with a number of different implants in and out of clothes.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

+1
Picking a size for some one has multiple variables. Overall body proportion, height, weight, breast diameter, amount of skin that a person has and also personal desire. During our consultations we discuss all of this. However, Vectra 3D imaging has really taken the guess work out of this. We are now able to place any implant of any of the three manufacturers in you and show you what you are going to look like. The accuracy of this is farily high. Good luck.

Sepehr Egrari, MD

Breast Measurements

+1
Breast measurements are very important to help determine the size of implant needed to accomplish your goal. 

Based upon the information you have provided, and implant in the 200cc-250cc range would probably be best.

Have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with an excellent reputation.  Make sure he/she listens to your desire to have a small augmentation.

The patient in the link below had slightly larger implants but ended up with a beautiful augmentation.  She reports that she is a C cup in some bras but a B cup in others.

Joseph W. Aguiar, MD