What Size Breasts Will I Have After Surgery Im Currently a 34B and Am Getting 270cc Teardrop Silocone Implants Under the Muscle?

What Size Breasts Will I Have After Surgery Im Currently a 34B and Am Getting 270cc Teardrop Silocone Implants Under the Muscle. I am currently a small 34B

270 cc implant

+2

Dear carollnz,

Assuming that you are indeed a small 34B  ( chest - 34 inches and breasts - 351/2 inches ), a 270cc implant will bring you to a size of 34C roughly. It does not matter if it is silicone implant or saline implants in regard to the size. The volume is the same. Tear drop or round shape, also do not matter as far as size. In my practice of over 25 years and over 2000 breast augmentations, I used only round shape implants and almost exclusively saline implants. Tear drop implants are un-necessary, cost more and can cause deformity of the breasts. Under the muscle placent is the right way to go.

Dr Widder

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

What size will I be?

+2

There are no fixed definitions of cup size. The sizes vary from bra design to bra design, from band size (i.e 34,36,38, etc), from manufacturer to manufacturer. I have a number of patients with bras of 3 different cup sizes in their bra drawer. 

As a rule of thumb, 270 cc should get you up by about one cup size. If you try the implant on with a stretchy sports bra, what you will see is usually a little bit larger than what your outcome will be.

Implants and resultant cup sizes vary

+1

considerably and it's my impression that some bra companies are downsizing their cups so their customers will be larger than what they thought they were in order to sell that bra.  And as mentioned, C cups from different companies can vary a lot as well.

A cup of rice in a knee-high nylon stocking will simulate 240 cc's and that is what you would be looking at if we were planning to use a 270 cc implant.  You can try that with different bras and it should give you an idea of what cup size you will be.

Best wishes in getting the cup size you want.  I emphasize the look is ultimately more important that the cup size and my patients agree with that.

Curtis Wong, MD

Bra size after implants

+1

It is very difficult to estimate bra size after implants, because bra companies measure up differently. A simple method to approximate it would be to do a baggy tes and try on bras.