What Size is This? Breast Reduction

The Dr. informed me that he removed 334 grams from one side and 293 grams from my other side (627 grams in total) which is 1.38 pounds in total. What size does that leave me at when I was a SMALL D (34) or a large C (36) - is this around one size reduction or two? He's on vacay right now and It's freaking me out that this isn't that small I don't want to be the same as I was before...

Size after breast reduction

+1

There is no exact formula tosays what size you are now, or will be when the swelling has subsided and the breasts have settled into position.  I would relax and wait for your breasts to heal.  But just by what you have described you probably have dropped at least one cup size.

Cup size after breast reduction

+1
Don't focus on an artificial measurement of cup size. Instead, are you pleased with the size and shape of the breasts? You had a very small reduction, the kind that wouldn't be covered by insurance in my area. I am not sure whether your goal was a lift. My estimate Is that your surgery would produce a one cup size reduction.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.

My best suggestion at this point is to relax and be as patient as possible. Only time will tell exactly what  size you will end up.