What Size Could I Get a Breast Reduction Down To? Please Help!

I am currently a 36E and I hate how big my breasts are. I have wanted to have breast reduction done since I was 15 years old and a 36D. I want to be either a large B or small C, please tell me this is possible?!? I am an actress and I know of actresses, both personally and I've heard of this happening to hollywood A listers, that have been told to get breast reductions when they are D or even a C, so thats why I thought a B rather than a C... I am 19 years old and so I want perky boobs!

E to C for Breast Reduction

+1

In general, I would not recommend anything below a C for a breast reduction.  You can always tighten the skin later, and breast mass will decrease with time.

Size after breast reduction...

+1

Hello Hannah,

Regardless of the final size after a breast reduction you will feel so much better about your size and shape.

My recommendations: See a Plastic Surgeon known in the Community to have good breast reduction results ("ask your friends....."). Discuss with him what you want and ask him all the questions you may have. .

In my hands a "B"cup are "small breasts", "a small C" cup is a "normal" size for body shape and height, "full C" cup is still considered "chesty". Size cannot be guaranteed but in surgery we can get you to one or the other size you may prefer. Consider as you get older your body becomes fuller and the breasts larger and fuller again too. Therefore at your age "a little bit smaller" is better than "a little bit larger".

In Ballet(and acting )sometimes a "slender flat-chested" look is preferred but remember your breast size will last longer than your career in acting or dancing.

"Nipple" comes up on the chest with breast reduction  and your breast will look "perkier" than before.

Good luck, I am confident you will love your "new breasts".

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Size after breast reduction

+1

It is impossible to give you an accurate answer on line. You would need to see a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can examine you, evaluate your anatomy and then discuss with you your goals and what is reasonable for you. Generally I tell my patients that a C is possible but that a B is less likely. But this is not personalized for your anatomy. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

An exam would be essential to determine whether or not a reduction to the volume you want is possible.

Breast Size After Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction/lifting surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  Most patients wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso.
With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “A or C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.