What Size Breast Implants Are You Ladies Getting if You Are Around 5 Feet Tall? (photo)

I'm a 36B and 5'1" and 140lbs. I want a full c cup but don't want to be too busty. I like the 350cc but my doc said I should go up to a 400cc under muscle. He said to also bring a pic of what I want to look like and he will start off with the 400cc and work his way down to want I want to look like. I think 400cc will be too big.

What Size Breast Implants Are You Ladies Getting if You Are Around 5 Feet Tall?

+2

Thanks for the posted photo. I have no issue with the 400 cc implant but you could use the 375 cc as a compromise. But remember "I wish I would have gone bigger!" issue. BTW you do realize you appear to have an umbilical hernia. 

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant sizing.

+1

Unfortunately, implant sizing remains one of the more difficult issuse in breast augmentation. At our office, we have recently started using a sizing system by Mentor. This system allows a woman to place different sized implants within her bra to give a relatively accurate assessment of what volume would work best for her. What we have found is that women love this sizing system as they are able to see themselves in clothing at different sizes and are able to make a more educated decision when deciding upon overall volume. This volume assessment is then tailored to your individual breast anatomy to determine which set of implants is right for you. The results we have seen are that patients are very satisfied with the results by using this sizing system.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

How big to go

+1

Iagree with you.After looking at your pictures if you were to go to 400 or more you will be bigger than a c cup.I think 300 or so would be adequate for you.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size Recommendation

+1

In my opinion, I think smaller is always better from a long term perspective. However, I never choose size for my patients. I use VECTRA for 3D imaging and sizers to help my patients visualize what they will look like post operatively. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Sizing

+1

If you are really scared about choosing the correct implant for your body, I would recommend you find a surgeon who uses sizers.  These are actually implants that the surgeon has which will fit into your bra and help you decide what looks best. This is not an exact science but is helpful in cases like yours.  Always go for proportionality, as you will always look natural.  But, there are many factors involved.  A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will help you in this decision. 

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

What size implants

+1

Choosing the size of implants is always difficult as it is impossible to know exactly what the result (or any result for that matter) will be. I find that placing an implant in your bra and then putting a t-shirt or other relatively tight fitting top on over it gives the best indication of what you will look like after surgery and the swelling has gone down. Even so, this is just a guesstimate and not a guarantee. If you feel 400 cc will be too big for you and your surgeon is insisting on them, you might want to consider a consultation with another surgeon for a second opinion to help you decide. Remember you are the one who has to feel comfortable about the way you look. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I would suggest that you do the following:

Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "huge and fake” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast Implant Size

+1

Breast Implant size really depends on what your expectations are.  Also, this has to be consistent with your anatomy, existing breast size, measurements, etc.  Without all of these factors, it is impossible to choose implant size.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD