What Size Breast Implant to Perk Up Slightly Droopy 34D Breasts?

I received a plastic surgery consult and was told I don't need a breast lift, and an implant would give me the "lift" I am looking for (as long as the implant is placed under the muscle). I have a small frame (5'6"/125 pounds/34D breasts) and don't want to go too big with the implants. The smallest size the doctor's office had was 260cc saline implants, and that still seemed big. The most important thing to me is that the breasts look natural. Is there a smaller size anyone would recommend?

Breast lift or not?

+1

It is difficult to determine which procedure you are a good candidate for without examining you or looking at photos. Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc..  

If you need a lift and only place implants, you most likely won't be happy with your results.  IF you like the plastic surgeon you consulted with, have more discussion and take in photos of what you want to achieve so that there is clear communication.

If you need a lift, you need a lift

+1

Implants offer more fill than lift. You may get some lift from implants, but implants usually do not replace the need for a lift. If you need a lift now, you will most likely still need a lift after the implants. In some situations placing an implant fills the excess skin volume and gives a lifted appearance, but it's hard to tell without photos or seeing you in person. If you are a D cup and don't want to be much fuller, the size of the implant needed to get you a lift will probably give you more volume than you want. Implants come in different widths, volumes, and projections, so it's not just a matter of choosing how many cc's. In your case it may be a good idea to seek a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon and see what he or she thinks. Good luck!

Anita Patel, MD

Breast implants will not provide a lift

+1

If you are already a D bra cup, a breast implant will not change any sagging of your breast tissue. In fact, the implant over time may contribute to further sagging. You may be a better candidate for a breast lift to improve your breast shape. This is difficult to determine without seeing photos, but I would recommend consulting with another surgeon to get a second opinion.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Breast implants choices

+1

There certainly are smaller implants, but it really depends upon your base diameter of your breasts and your specific goals. An implant does not really provide a lift.  I see many patients that need a lift after having an implant placed for that specific reason.  Without an exam it is hard to say what would be best for you.