Right Size for my Body - Small BWM, After Natural Look but Large Side of Natural

Hi I had my 1st consult with a surgeon and thought I was a B cup, I went with 210cc & was told id become a small c.I discovered after the consult Im now an Acup - so a 210cc implant will only make me a small B? I have a small BWM of 11cm.I am 101lbs/46kg. 152cm, 5ft. I have been researching and see most girls around my stats go for 250-280 cc & are very happy with large B/small C. Im looking@255cc HP implant but its base width is 11.2 & my BWM is 11cm - is this ok???

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Despite your good description of your body type and goals, online consultants will not be of specific enough help to you. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “large side of natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Should be OK

+1

If the question is whether a 11.2 cm wide implant will fit a 11.0 cm chest width, the answer is, "Yes." Up to a .5cm difference works just fine. Your difference would be only 0.5 cm.

Ask the doctor if you can put a 275 cc implant sizer in a bra without any padding and then put a blouse over this. If you like the look, a 255cc implant should be fine (~20cc is made up by the bra).

George Sanders, MD

How to pick breast implants.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes and shapes.
Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

After breast implants what do you want to look like

+1

Choosing a number when you are interested in breast implants is like picking a winning lottery number. If most people win with number 255 it sounds like a reasonable bet if you wish to gamble. Otherwise I would suggest you find a look and cup size which is your dream come true, and find a surgeon with the necessary experience to give you the result you are looking for. And a high profile implant natural? Really.

peterejohnsonmd

Is breast implant too large, not large enough, or just right?

+1

That is a relatively small discrepancy in breast diameter. As long as the skin pinch is greater than 2 cm, I believe that your desired implant is reasonable.  

Forget the cup size and go for the "look"

+1

Cup sizing is not exact and cannot be exactly predicted from an implant.  The more important thing in deciding between implants is to communicate to your doctor the "look" you want and then based on your body, have him/her help select the "right" implant to get near to that look.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast base width measurements

+1

Dear Mishin,

It seems that the bottom of your questioning is will an 11.2 cm diameter implant fit into your 11.0 cm breast base diameter.  The measurement of breast base diameter is somewhat imprecise.  So, it is highly likely that you could accomodate an 11.2 cm diameter implant.  This might also provide some lateral projection or more cleavage to your breast, which might be beneficial.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Don't Concentrate on Cup Size When Selecting Implants

+1

You really should not concentrate on cup sizes when choosing your implants, since there is a great deal of variation among different bra manufacturers.  Nor should you worry about the size implant that other patients who are similar to your size have been pleased with.  You should select the size that meets your desires and you will be more likely to obtain a natural look if you choose an implant no larger than your breast width.

John Whitt, MD

Choosing the right implant size for you

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and we can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Choosing the right implant

+1

Choosing the right implant for you is something discussed during consultation.  I spend al ot of time with patients to help them select the right implant.