What Size and Type Impant Would You Suggest? (photo)

I had the 3d image but it is still hard to get a good idea of the after results. I would like to be a full C. I have attached my photo and measurements. My plastic surgeon recommended a 350 high profile implant to achieve a full c. What are your thoughts. I have 4 weeks until surgery and will discuss again with my PS. I just wanted others opinions.

What Size and Type Impant Would You Suggest?

+2

Thank you for your question.  Because there is no exact measurement of what a C cup is, we can not recommend a specific implant size to give you a specific cup size.  My only concern with high profile implants for yu is that you are very thin and high profile implants might give you a fake round ball look.  If you have concerns about the size, I recommend getting a second opinion from another Plastic Surgeon.

What size implants?

+2

there are many things that go into the selection of an implant. The implant your surgeon recommended wil probably work well but might look a bit round, and ballish, on your thin chest. you will need to set your priorities between size and "natural" appearance. Because of how thin and tight your breasts are, the larger you go, the less "natural" they will look. You would also do really well with the natrelle 410 style but it might not get you into the cup size you want.

Ronald Schuster, MD

What size implants?

+2

There is no way I know of to tell before surgery what the final results will be. The best guide I have found is the baggie trial where you put rice in a baggie and put it in your bra and then try on your clothes and see what it looks like and what you like. You can adjust the amount of rice and then measure it (just a regular measuring cup usually has both ounces and cc's or ml's). This is not exact, of course, but it can help both you and your surgeon make the final decision on size. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Wants c cup

+1

This is always a hard question to answer because bra size/cup size varies from one manufacturer to another.i geenrally use mod profile and I first make my pocket and then I will have 4 or 5 size impalnts available and try them out to see what will fit well into the pocket and achive your expectations.this has always wroked best for me.Who knows i might put in 375 or 400 if they look good and natural.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Silicone gel BEST

+1

I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  The profile of the implant is irrelevant since the muscle compresses it.  You want to be a C but have not told us your size.  If you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  From this, you can calculate the volume you need to achieve your desired goal. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

High profile implants can look artificial.

+1

I don't see a problem with the size. In my own opinion I think the highest profile implants look a bit artificial.

Breast Augmentation - size considerations

+1

From what I can see, I think your base diameter measurements are bit generous but the eventual implant choice is actually a reasonably safe one.  Actual predictions on size are notoriously inaccurate for every bra manufacturer, but overall I have always been happy with 350cc HP for your breast shape.  Best Wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

+1

Yes a 350 to 400 cc HP or UHP implant would be my suggestions for you. But ONLY in person evaluations allow a better decision. 

Implant selection

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS