What size and style implant is best for me? I'm 31, 5'3" and 100LBS.

I am 31 years old 5'3 100 pounds. Filipino decent. 17cm between nipples, about 28 inches circling my chest area(all around). I currently am a 32AA (only nipples..no breast at all) can pinch about an inch of skin from my breast area..so I guess I have decent tissue there...there is a formed circle there that with perfect symmetry to house the implant. I am firm on getting the silicone implants but need advice on the size and style. (Do not want textured) looking for full natural looking breasts.

How to choose cc of breast implant size

+2
Choosing the number of cc of breast implant size is the most common question about Breast Augmentation. Of course an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is required. However there are several helpful guidelines for patients considering Breast Augmentation.
  • The Rice test may be done in the privacy of your own home.The Rice test involves placing plastic sandwich bags filled with rice into a non-padded bra to evaluate how you will look with various cc of breast implants.Once you achieve the look that you want you may convert the amount of Rice to cc to give you an estimate of the volume that you will require.The table to convert ounces of Rice to cc is as follows:
  • o1 cup = 236cc
  • o1/2 cup = 118cc
  • o3/4 cup = 177cc
  • o2/3 cup = 156cc
  • o1/3 cup = 78cc
  • o1/4 cup = 59cc
  • o1/8 cup = 30cc
  • CC per cup size- It is very important to understand that bra cup size is a very inconsistent and unreliable method to choose your breast implants.This is because different manufacturers and different retailers label cup size differently.A C cup bra in one store can be labeled a D cup bra and a different store.That said a very rough and anecdotal rough estimate is that to increase your cup size based on the bra you currently wear can take 150 cc to 200 cc to enlarge that cup by 1 cup size.Thus to go from your current A cup bra to a B cup bra should require a 200-250 cc implant but to go to a C cup could require 350-400 cc.However this is a very rough estimate.
  • Breast and body measurements are very important and should be performed by your plastic surgeon.One very important measurement is the width of the base of your breast.The implant manufacturer’s provided charts showing the base width of the breast implants and the measurements of your chest and breast are used by your plastic surgeon to recommend a properly sized breast implants for your unique body shape.
  • The breast implant sizing system utilizes specially shaped breast implants which can be placed into your non-padded bra to give you an idea of how you will look with a particular sized breast implant.During this examination by your plastic surgeon various sizes will be placed into your bra and you may then look in the mirror to see how you will look with that size of implant.This can be a very helpful examination and should be done during your plastic surgery consultation.
  • Focus on the look that you want and not cup size or breast implant cc.
  • Visit breast implant manufacturer’s websites.The manufacturers of breast implants provide before and after photographs of patients who have had breast implants.You may search according to your current size and the size you desire and attached to each photograph will be the cc of breast implants that were used.This can be very helpful to give you a general idea of how various size breast implants look on patients with a body type similar to yours. Loveyourlook.com is an excellent site by Mentor. Allergan and Sientra also have breast implant informational sites.
  • Generalizations are difficult but very generally speaking patients who simply want to improve or fill breast volume after pregnancy but want to look natural and do not want to have their enlarged breast look too obvious, implants in the 250 cc to 300 cc range are most often used in my practice.For patients who want fuller breasts usually in the full B small C range 325 cc to 350 cc breast implants are used.Patients who request a full C small D breast will usually require 400-475 cc breast implants.
  • Be cautious considering implants over 500 cc.Very large breast implants in the 500-600 cc range are gaining in popularity today.However you need to be aware that implants in this size range are associated with increased chances of complications including capsular contraction or hardening of the implant.These are serious risks.In addition, especially on small framed women breast implants 500 cc and over can look unnatural and overly large.
Most important please find and consult a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is very experienced in cosmetic breast surgery and who has an excellent reputation in your community. A plastic surgeon who is a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) has demonstrated experience in cosmetic surgery. Find a surgeon listed in the Smart Beauty Guide published by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons for experienced surgeons.

BBA

+1
This is always a difficult decision for some. In my opinion, the best thing to do is have a thorough sizing session. I provide my patients with a range of about 3-4 implants that are appropriate for their specific measurements. I then have them try these implants on in a special sizing bra. With this process, my patients have been able to choose their own implants. I have found this to be the best method for implant sizing. Be sure to see a board certified PS in your area. They should be willing to spend the time with you doing this. Best of luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

+1
  I try to make this process extremely easy by listening to the cup goal size that a patient has, recommending a size and having the patients try on sizers and further fine tune this sizing recommendation, and then selecting the profile for the patient.

Implants

+1

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation is required in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation in Petite Patient

+1
The most important answer to your question is to have a consultation with a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  After this, each surgeons opinion will differ and it may help you to visit more than one to find the best match.  In my practice, each patients consultation includes not only a discussion of which implant is best, but also the use of Mentors Volumetric sizing system, which is very helpful in trying on implants when you do not have much of your own tissue.  This is followed with 3-D imaging with the Vectra system.  This is a very accurate predictor of your final result.  

I think it is also very important to discuss smooth vs. textured implants in regards to your questions.  In patients with very little breast tissue, a shaped implant (even though textured) can provide a much more natural and soft result.  Be careful starting out with too many biases.  Find a surgeon who can show you all the options and keep an open mind.  There may be a significant decrease in capsular contracture with textured implants as well, and I see this more commonly in patients with Asian heritage.  

Hope this is helpful, 

Dr. S

Michael R. Schwartz, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1
You need to find a surgeon who has a Vectra 3D camera. With this technology, a simulation of any implant can be done using a 3D image of your frame. Go to the link below to find the closest surgeon with this technology.

Matthew L. Romans, MD
Salinas Plastic Surgeon

+1
We get this question constantly and the answer is always the same. No recommendation for implant size can be made without an examination.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1

Thank you for the question.  Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your   desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “full natural” or "C cup" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of  in bra sizers and computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  I find that the use of temporary  intraoperative sizers ( with the patient in the upright position)  allows for accurate selection of breast implant size/profile to achieve patient's goals as precisely as possible.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to petite patients), helps.