Size and Profile of Breast Implants?

I am a 34yr old, 6 ft tall, 150lbs and A/B cup. I am confused on size and profile, don't want too big for my frame but not too small. I've been told since I'm taller I can handle a bigger implant. Feel like 475 in high profile is too big but need it for the width vs 425 in moderate profile. Whats the best option for the most "natural" look?

Go with the size YOU are comfortable with

+2

Size selection for augmentation is a very individual, very personal thing.  Just because you are tall does not mean you have to have larger breasts.  Some women prefer very natural small breasts---even when they are 5'11".  Hopefully you are able to "try on" silicone sizers at your plastic surgeon's office before surgery so that you can get a rough feel for what 475 or 425 cc looks like with your frame.  The width on a 475 Mentor HP is 12.9 cm and the width on a 425 Mentor Moderate is 14.6 cm. I did not see you mention a 425 Mentor Moderate Plus which is 13.5 cm.  I don't know what the base width of your breasts are, but as long as the width of your breasts falls within about 1 cm of the implant width, I think you will be fine.  I would opt for a Moderate Plus 425 for you given that you prefer a more natural look, but again that would depend on what you are comfortable with and the volume you are starting with.   

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Selection

+2

Implant selection is component of physical exam, the patient's desires and the surgeon's previous experience.  It is hard for me to tell you over this type of forum what implant size and profile is best for you.  Find a board certified PS you trust prior to moving forward.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Hello

+2

Yes you are pretty tall, but it also has a lot to do with your body proportion. The breasts have to protrude as much forward as your bottom does, to give you good body proportion. In our practice we like to tell our patients that 200-225 cc equal to about one cup size. It sounds like you are looking in the right size range. The implant that covers and gives natural results is the Moderate Plus profile which give you projection without taking away the width. It would be better to see you in person or picture to give you more adequate advice. Good luck.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Size and Profile of Breast Implants?

+1

Without photos and measurements I can give only the most general advise. First of all what you can "handle" in terms of implant size may not be what you want in terms of outcome. Some idea of a goal size will be most important in choosing an implant. 

Most surgeons will try to choose an implant, with your participation, that matches the width of your breast.  For example, if you were to try on implants and decide that you wanted a 400 cc implant, the profile of choice will be the one closest to the width of your breast (as a general priniciple). 

There are many ways to choose implant size--photos, video imaging, trial implants. I prefer the latter in my practice, but all work well in others' offices. 

As far as "natural" look you would be surprised at the variance in people's concepts of natural--patients and surgeons. Here, looking at actual photos is best. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast Implant Size and Profile Choices

+1

With regard to implant choices to enlarge your breasts, there are so many things to consider. It is definitely confusing trying to narrow down sizes, let alone profiles. 

The best thing to do is to try on some sizers in a non-padded bra under a fitted shirt at your plastic surgeon's office to figure out what you think looks good. Don't get hung up on cup size or even implant size. After you've made your decision, ask your surgeon if he or she thinks the implant you've picked would safely fit within your body's measurements. In general, an implant should be selected with a diameter that fits within your breast width. An implant that is too large for your frame can be fraught with potential complications. A discussion about implant size, width, and profile is something you should talk about with your plastic surgeon. Hearing an explanation face to face is way better than trying figure things out by sifting through multiple opinions here in this forum.

Thanks for your question. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Tall and wondering about implant sizes

+1

You are a tall lady who is not overweight. The correct sizing for your breasts takes into account your height, weight and your chest shape. The final and most important factor is your breast width. The implant size needs to fit your breast width.The moderate and moderate plus shaped implants have the most natural post operative appearance.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Size/profile options

+1

We offer both round and anatomical (tear drop) shaped implants. As for the size or CCs, most offices offer 'testers' , which are loose implants that you can place under your clothing to see what size looks the most natural for you. Only you can decide which size is best since it is your body and completely your choice.

Alejandro Enriquez de Rivera, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Choosing breast implant size

+1

Thank you for your question. It touches on a subject that creates much anxiety among women undergoing breast augmentation - the choice of implant size. While it is not possible to give your specific advice without examining your chest, I will give you a couple of thoughts.

To obtain the most natural and predictable results, it is best to think of the implants 3 dimensionally. Match the width of the implant to the base width of your breast and chest. This will avoid having a large space between the breasts or excessive fullness laterally. Then select the projection of the implant based on how full you want to look. The absolute volume of the implant becomes almost secondary.

To get the most natural look, you likely want to stay in the lower to mid profile range. The high profile implants tend to look more conical and "implanted". Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and look at his photos. That will give you a better idea of his typical results and what he/she thinks looks ideal. Discussions with your plastic surgeon can help you select the implant size.

Best of luck with your breast augmentation.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “ not too big, not too small” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Implant selection

+1

Without an exam it is difficult/impossible to suggest what would be best for you. The exam will provide information regarding your anatomy and this combined with your goals will help outline a "game plan."