Size After Swelling with Gummy Bear 410's Anatomical

I am a 32A bra size, and fill it out fully. I am 116lbs, 5'2 ft. I am getting the 410 Allergan Anatomical implant size 280 grams MM. I am hoping to be a full B or a small C when its done but definitely not any bigger. I don't want to be busty. Just bigger than I am. Will this get me there or go over? Thanks for your advice!

Expectation for size after breast augmentation

+1

This can be tough to predict but doesn't have to be.  Your best bet is to go back to your plastic surgeon's office with a bra that you want to fit into (32B or 32C...your pick).

While in the fitting room, place the Style 410, 280 MM inside the bra and see if your breast plus the implant gets you to where you want to be.

The 4D imaging systems is excellent technology, but stuffing implants inside a bra, although a crude implement, works well too and can add the additional information you may need to make a final decision.

Best of Luck,

Dr. Wendel

Breast Cup Size?

+1

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between  the size of breast implants  and the resulting cup size.
In planning your breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  in your case you could use your own before breast-feeding pictures as the goal. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

Size prediction with 410s

+1

The volume and the style of the implant sound like the perfect choice to me, to accomplish your goals.  I am sure you will do well and have a great result!

Dr Del Vecchio  

Boston Breast Center

Implants and breast size.

+1

There is no magic formula here.  A rough rule of thimb is that each cup size increase requires 200cc.  There are some important considerations when trying to come up with a good plan:

Balance of the figure in terms of top and bottom (important for proportionality and clothes shopping;

Balance between skin and volume;

The base diameter of the implant vs. the diameter of the chest.

In my practice the patient and I review a few hundred before and after pictures to help me gain an understanding of her goals. I bring a few dozen pairs of implants to the OR and then use temporary implants during surgery until I see the desired result.  This has been quite successful.

Good luck!

Breast Size with 410 Cohesive Implants

+1

Without examining a patient, it is impossible to say what amount of volume will lead to a specific cup size. Everyone is different in that regard.  For some, 280cc may make them a full C, while others it is a small B.  It all depends on the anatomy, from breast size/shape/ width to height, frame, chest width, etc.  280cc is on the smaller side, and with the 410 series, the breasts always look smaller than they do with the equivalent volume in a regular cohesive gel implant.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size Questions are Very Difficult to Answer Without an Exam

+1

Hi there-

As much as I would like to put your mind at ease about your decisions, it is nearly impossible to do so... and if you think about it, it's easy for you to understand why-

You see, the final outcome of breast augmentation is dependent on the interaction of the implant, your skin, your breast tissue, and your chest muscle (if the implants are to be under your muscle). Even with your measurements provided, it is not possible to estimate the qualities and quantity of breast skin present, the elasticity of these, and/or the relative resistance offered by your chest muscle.

For all of these reasons, and despite the fact that questions like yours are among the very most common on RealSelf, they are almost impossible to answer responsibly with any confidence at all.

The best advice I can give you is to be as objective and honest in describing your goals to your surgeon as possible, and trust that you have chosen them appropriately to do a professional job for you.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

B or C cup?

+1

Hello!

One of the hardest things to predict is  breast size!  I believe you may end of B in some bras and C in others.  Just make sure you compare the same bra manufacturer each time.   Otherwise youll be going back and forth not knowing your "bra size"

Hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.beautybyjeneby,com

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Swelling with gummy bear implant

+1

The size you mention will be just about right, though why the gummy bear implant? These are stiffer implants which are form stable and resist flow. They will not be as soft as a less cohesive gel or a saline implant, and they do leak in about the same time frame as more standard implant choices. The breast incision is often larger as well. There may be special circumstances determining your choice, but be certain you know what you are in for.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast Size after Implants

+1

While it is hard to predict anyone's bra size after breast augmentation, it is likely that 280 cc implants will result in a B cup if starting from an A cup. If you wish to have a C cup, you may want to talk with your plastic surgeon about using a little larger implant (in the mid 300cc range). However, the dimensions of your breast and the quality of your breast tissue are also important in implant size selection.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon