What size would I be after my breast augmentation surgery?

Natural breast was 34-36B. First breast augmentation in February 13, 2004 I got 475cc in Saline which got me to 34DD/36D (is equivalent). Now yesterday I had my 2nd breast augmentation 650cc in Silicone Gel Natrelle HP, to be honest they don't look that big like I expected them to... Do you know what size I'll be? I feel like asking my doctor on Monday which is my first post op visit to redo them to a much bigger size like maybe 750cc. What do you think? I'm 30 years, 5"3 & 125 lbs

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Size After Breast Augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question. In my practice we use pictures and photos to best determine the final goal the patient is wanting to achieve. 650cc Silicone Gel in your frame should be quite large. My best advice is to discuss your concerns with your PS and he/she should be able to alleviate your concerns. Best of luck.

Christine Rodgers, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Predicting cup size change with breast implant revision

+1
Unfortunately the cup size system is just not very scientific and so when changing implants, it is not possible to know. However, as a general rule 650 cc implants are quite large for someone of your height and weight and going even larger carries a higher probability of long term problems such as bottoming out and rippling.

Richard Baxter, MD

Larger Breast Implants, expectations and limitations

+1

It is not uncommon for a patient to feel that the breast implants, that they received, were not as large as they were hoping for.  Occasionally, this can occur even after a second augmentation.  Although, there are a number of ways to demonstrate, to a patient, her approximate breast size after augmentation, ( trying on the implants in a bra, computer imaging, etc) no surgeon can guarantee that the breast augmentation will meet a patients expectations.  Before undergoing a third surgery, please remember that there are anatomic limits to the size of implant your body will reasonably tolerate.  If you choose an implant size which goes beyond these limits the risk of capsular contracture, discomfort and an abnormally shaped breast, increase substantially.  First give yourself time - at lease a couple of months -  to get used to your present implants.  If after that time you still are interested in larger implants, heed your surgeon's advice as to the risks and limitations of the surgery before proceeding. Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

+1

One of the keys to success with this type of revisionary surgery will be careful communication of your goals with your plastic surgeon. In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures very helpful during this process.  Show your plastic surgeon, as precisely as possible, what you are trying to achieve.

In my practice, I ask patients NOT to use cup sizes as a reference when it comes to communicating their goals. I also ask my patients not to use cup sizes when it comes to evaluating the outcome of the procedure performed. As you know, cup sizes will vary from one manufacturer to another;  discussing "cup sizes" therefore can be a source  of miscommunication and/or dissatisfaction. 

You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients interested in “larger” breast implants, helpful to you. Best wishes.