Is This Size Acceptable/should I Wait Until After I'm Pregnant?

I'm 18, 5'4" and about 140lb, and I have a bit of a tummy. I'm a 36 DD and I am hoping to go down to a C. Would that be an acceptable reduction for someone my size? And would going down to a C make my stomach seem bigger (or is that a matter of my perception)? Also, would it make a difference if I get a reduction within the next couple of years or would it be better to wait until after I get married/pregnant and I am done nursing?

Breast Reduction Timing?

+1

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.
Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages,  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, improve the safety of the procedure and minimizes the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure).

If at all possible, it is best to wait until after completing pregnancies before undergoing breast reduction surgery. Again, doing so will minimize the chances that patients will require further surgery after pregnancy related breast changes. Patients who seek breast reduction after pregnancy should wait at least 3 to 6 months after they have stopped breast-feeding and when they have reached their long stable weight.  
On the other hand, if patients are not planning on having children for several years, then breast reduction surgery may be indicated;  these patients will enjoy the benefits of a breast reduction surgery on a daily basis. However, these patients should also be aware that further surgery may be necessary after completion of pregnancies.
There is no accurate way of predicting exactly how the breasts will change after pregnancy and there is not much that can be done to avoid these changes ( if they are going to occur).  Maintaining a stable weight  (under the guidance of your OB/GYN) will be helpful in minimizing breast changes that occur secondary to significant weight fluctuations.
Some typical changes seen after pregnancy include a decrease in size, “sagging" and/or the development of some asymmetry.  On the other hand, some women  experience very little change even after several pregnancies.
Ultimately, every patient must decide for herself ( after weighing the above considerations) the appropriate time to undergo breast reduction surgery.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  Most patients, like you, wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 
With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm