I Am a Size 44g or 44h Depending on the Bra but I Am Sagging with No Real Info on How to Repair Them. HELP? (photo)

Hi I have pretty large breast I am a 44g or 44h depending on the bra. I have begun to sag horribly. I am very scared of the scars from a breast reduction and was told that my breast are to heavy for a lift. I'm now considering an augmentation but don't really want to be bigger . HELP

LIFT VS REDUCTION

+2

Hi 44h,

Thanks for the photos.  Your options are limited.  You need a Breast Reduction.  As part of this procedure your breasts would be lifted.  Unfortunately, the scars are unavoidable.  The final option is to do nothing and you won't have any scars. Good luck.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Large and sagging breasts

+2

From your photos, you would really benefit from a reduction mammoplasty.  This will reduce your breast size along with lifting them.  You need to decide which is worse, the scars associated with the procedure or the large, heavy, sagging breasts.  Definitely, do not put in larger implants at this stage.  This will only make you bigger and more droopy over time.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

I Am a Size 44g or 44h Depending on the Bra but I Am Sagging with No Real Info on How to Repair Them. HELP?

+2

Breast reduction in most cases uses the same scar pattern as a breast lift, particularly for breasts of your size and droop.  A breast amputation technique in which the lower pole of the breast is removed and the areola is moved higher as a free nipple graft is one technique to consider.  This would save you the vertical scar, but I would not usually recommend this.  I would not recommend a breast augmentation as this will only increase the size of your breasts and will not lift them.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Info on How to Repair Them

+2

You would need to consider a breast reduction or breast lift. Either will have the same incision pattern--and "anchor" with a circle around the areola, a vertical line down to the breast fold, and a horizontal line in the breast fold. So if you are scared of the incisions for a reduction, you are also scared of the the incisions for a breast lift. 

An implant would only make you larger, and would not resolve any of the things that bother you.   

Best would be a consultation with a plastic surgeon, at which time you can look at some photos and see what the scars look like once healed. The reality may be less frightening than the imagination.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Best way to fix large sagging breasts

+2

Since your breasts are sagging and also very large, I think your best option is a breast reduction (which also lifts at the same time). This does involve the full "anchor" type of scar, but in turn provides you with a much improved shape. The photographs are taken from an odd angle, but it looks as if your nipples are at or below your elbows, and really they should be about half way between your shoulders to your elbows. I would not recommend adding breast implants. Since you are starting with a G or H cup breast, even with a reduction you could be a D or DD without implants. I prefer doing a supero-medial pedicle reduction, which tends to have better cleavage and less drooping over time, compared to some other types of reductions. I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for this type of procedure. Please see the link below for examples of before and after photos.

Anita Patel, MD

Severe ptosis of the breasts require surgical correction.

+2

I understand the reluctance the preceding with a breast lift or breast reduction because of the scars. However, breasts is ptotic as those pictured will require formal repositioning of the areola and reshaping of the breast.

It's a tradeoff

+1

If your goal is to be less saggy and to have smaller breast, then a breast reduction would be the best surgical option.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Breast reduction.

+1

talk to people who have had breast reductions.  they are generally very happy and so glad they did it.  NO AUGMENTATION

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the question and posted photos. Best to lose some weight. Than consider a breast reduction surgery. 

Breast Reduction vs Lift

+1

Looking at your pictures I think if you do anything other than a reduction you will be unhappy.  There are 2 key elements to a beautiful breast....Shape and then Size.  If you do an augmentation you only make you breast larger and make the shape worse.  The sagging of your nipples will get worse and the implants will push your chest out.  Bad Idea. 

If you do a lift, you will have all the scars that you want to avoid without the benefits of improved shape because you have too much breast tissue to give you a round and attractive shape.

Therefore your best option is a reduction.  The incisions will fade over time and many times in African Americans the scars are very limited.  You will get a lift by virtue of removing the breast tissue that is weighing your breast down and finally you will have a round, full and perky breast.  The final size will be up to and your doctor.   

Just make sure you find a doctor that has lots of experience with reductions as well as with African American Skin types.   Make sure he is a board certified plastic surgeon.  Hope that helps.  Good luck

Rady Rahban, MD