What Size Will I Be if 400ccs Are Removed from my 34 H Cup Breast?

I am 5'1", and 124 pounds. I plan to have a breast lift and reduction. I would like insurance to help pay for it. So I must have 400ccs removed from each breast. What size cup will I end up with? Will I be okay with small breast. I've had large breast since the 8th grade.

Breast reduction

+2

It is difficult to tell you what size you will be after removal of 400 or more grams. A guesstimate can be made based upon the fact that 1 cup is about 200 gms or so.

Breast reduction weight removal does not correspond to a discrete cup size

+2

'Cup size' is a terribly innacurate way to describe breast shape, volume, sagging and other elements of the female breast. You'll likely receive some functional benefit from a 400 gram per breast reduction. The cosmetic result is really up to the skills of your surgeon - so pick a good one !

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

+2

If you go into this operation saying you want 400gms of tissue removed, that's a really backwards way to look at the process. You should approach the operation with the goal of comfort and an idea of what size you want. then the surgeon will remove the necessary tissue to help you meet your goal. It may be 400 gm or maybe more or less. I have never done this operation (in 30 years of practice) where the goal was to do what the insurance company wants to see no matter what your results are. My goal is always to give the patient the results they want. Sometimes this does not meet insurance requirements and the patients have to pay for the surgery just like they do for breast enlargement.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast reduction cup size

+2

Most incividuals will have a D-cup after breast reduction, some might have a C-cup. There is no way for us to know what size your breast might be after a 400 gm reduction. In our practice we worry about what we leave and how the breast will look rather than how much we remove. Your new breast will not be what you had, only what you keep.

Post Reduction Cup Size Cannot Be Accurately Predicted

+2

No one can tell you with certainty what your cup size will be after a breast reduction.  First of all, there is no standard cup size.  Suffice it to say, if you have a 400 gram reduction with an H cup, you will still have fairly large breasts.

John Whitt, MD

Cup Size after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery. 
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.   If you feel like you need additional time to  communicate with your plastic surgeon, make sure you schedule this,  preferably prior to the day of surgery.

Most patients in my practice who undergo breast reduction surgery wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B cup” etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery; hopefully, you'll be very pleased with the outcome.

Size after Reduction

+1

At size 34 each 100 grams corresponds to 1 cup size reduction.  400 grams would be a 4 cup reduction and you would go down to a D.  There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Reduction, which is done without any vertical scars such as boat anchor or lollipop incisions and maintains projection despite volume reduction.  Breast pain is eliminated since the weight is transferred to the underlying muscle.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon