What Size Will I Be if I Get 400 Cc Silicone Under the Muscle?

I am going in for my BL/BA and I tried the rice test and I liked the 475 cc but my PS thinks that will be a big DD cup, I am wanting a full D cup. He said to go between 350-400. I am leaning towards the 400 but I have seen some pics and the sizes that I like are all over 475 cc. This is so confusing. I don't want to regret not going bigger but yet I don't want to be a big DD.

How to Visualize a Breast Implant Volume BEFORE Breast Augmentation Surgery

+3

Dear Pam47-

Thanks for the great question, and as you can tell, this is a very common question!

There are several ways to figure out what you will probably "look like" with a certain breast implant BEFORE your breast augmentation surgery.  Ultimately, no one can guarantee a result, but these methods should help.

Before we begin, I assume that your plastic surgeon has discussed with you the exact volume and profile of breast implant to use or consider.  Volume is not the only factor with breast implants-  the other factors are the height and the width of the breast implant.

You can use a physical sizer.  Some plastic surgeons use sizers, which are exact replica breast implants, and some recommend water or rice filled bags.  I personally like exact replica breast implants, because I feel that they are more accurate.

Some plastic surgeons use computer software to show you a before and after look on a computer screen.  This is fairly accurate, but can vary, depending on the software used.

Of course, looking at before and after pictures of other patients with your similar height, weight, and body dimensions, will give you a a good rough estimate of what to expect after your breast augmentation surgery.  

And finally, as you probably know, bra cup sizes area all over the map, thanks to inconsistent bra sizing form the bra makers.  

Phew!  Long Answer!  I hope this helps.  Best wishes for your surgery!

Roy Kim, MD

Breast Cup Size after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+2

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. Therefore, I would suggest that you not base your communication  or your satisfaction with the results of surgery on achieving a specific cup size. 

I would also suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you are looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

Again, the preoperative communication of goals is critical.  Once you feel comfortable that you have communicated your goals clearly ( assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully),  you will likely feel comfortable allowing him/her to choose the appropriate breast implants for you.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD