I Am a Size 38 "L", a Bit Overweight, and Wanting a Breast Reduction. Should I Get This Before or After Weight Loss?

I am also a little overweight, 5'3" 194 lbs, and am finding that core exercizes are extremely hard to do, and puts a strain on my back. Will I find it worth my while to get my reduction done before I try to loose weight ,to make it easire, or after I loose weight and my chances for a smaller cup size acheivable? I experienced a bit of pride when I reached DDD when I was sixteen and carrying them, however a size "L is a bit much. Will I feel deformed if I go too small (size "c" perhaps?").

Large breast hindering excercise and weight lose, what should I do?

+1

Tough question, large breasts can certainly hinder and make exercise painful, I would encourage you to seek a board certified surgeon to discuss your concerns with weight loss after a reduction, many woman's breasts do not change significantly after weight loss, especially if they are very fibrous, very difficult to answer this question without an exam. but reducing the size of your breasts can certainly help with weight loss/exercise!!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Losing Weight Prior to Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Ideally, I ask patients to lose as much weight as possible before having surgery because if you have the surgery first and then lose the weight, your breast size/shape will most likely change and you may need revisionary surgery.

If it is difficult for you to exercise and lose the weight because of the large breasts, you can have the surgery before losing weight but you have to understand that most likely after the weight loss, your breast size will become smaller and you may not be happy with the outcome.

Visit with well experienced plastic surgeons who can discuss this more in detail with you to help you make a good decision.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm