What Size Should I Be with 250cc Implants?

Im am booked in for a BA very soon however am having trouble deciding on size. I am 5"6", 150lbs, and currently an 32A cup. I would like to be a mid to full B after the BA. Would 250cc get me to this, or would I need to go to 275cc or even 300cc?

Try on sizers

More information is needed to give you an idea of what your size will be, including current breast measurements such as width and breast height. You should bring a bra in the size you want with you to your next consultation and try on sizers, which can help.

Implant Selection Process

I do think 250 will get you in a full B range.  Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Size is difficult to translate from cup size to CC's- give surgeon some latitude.

The question of breast implant size is always difficult for prospective breast augmentation patients. In this case, it’s virtually impossible to answer the question of breast size without more information. Without pictures or a physical examination, it would only be guesswork.
For this reason, multiple approaches are utilized to make this determination pre-operatively. These include reviewing magazines, photographs, external sizers and recently, the 3D Vectra computer imager, to name a few.
Even when tremendous care is taken pre-operatively to determine breast size, the final decision needs to be made in the operating room by the surgeon. At this point, an assessment can be made regarding how the patient’s breast tissue interacts with the breast implant. Occasionally, obtaining a specific size doesn’t allow the surgeon to meet the patient’s other aesthetic goals. For this reason, locking in to a specific size isn’t always a good idea. Results are better when a surgeon has the ability to make adjustments in the operating room.
It’s also important to realize that for many patients, a 25 cc difference in breast size would be difficult to notice. In reality, a 25 cc difference is less than 2 tablespoons which is spread in 3 dimensions over the implant.
In your case, I think it’s important to thoroughly discuss your aesthetic goals with your surgeon. Make sure he has the latitude to do what’s best for you in the operating room so he can meet your aesthetic goals. It’s important that you have an approximate idea of the breast implant size that you are considering but don’t become married to an absolute number.

What size should I be with 250cc implants?

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast implant size

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implant size depends on the patient

It is impossible to determine exactly what implant size is needed to achieve the results you desire without a physical examination.  However, just from the information you provided about your height, weight, current bra size and what you want to achieve, I would suggest that you might need the larger implant that you mentioned.  That is at least 300 cc's.  I recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Names and addressed can be found in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website.

James Tang, MD

Final Cup size after breast implant augmentation: Letters and numbers are not as important as appearance

In general this is a relatively modest implant and in the average individual would take an A cup to a B cup. Howvever, there are no guarantees and you best bet is to try sizers once again with your surgeon. The final cup size is not as important as the final appearance. Don' t focus on numbers or letters 

Breast Implant Sizing

Without seeing, examining and measuring your chest to truly determine your cup size, it is hard to give you accurate advice. A tablespoon is 15ccs, so from 275ccs to 300ccs is 2 tablespoons...not a significant difference!

I tell patients that a cup is about 200ccs, give or take and depending on your body shape. 

I would hope that your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon has measured you appropriately and helped with your sizing. I am sure he/she will help settle your anxiety!

Good luck!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

250 cc implants

Without an exam it is difficult to say.  a 250 cc implant will probaly bump you up a cup or so.  But an exam would help determine that.

What Size Should I Be with 250cc Implants

From you weight and height I think 250 to 300 cc;s will give you a B cup. Remember most wish they had gone larger after the surgery. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091