I'm a Sixty Year Old Woman Who Lost 56 Pounds a Few Years Ago. I Still Have a Stomache. Would Cool Sculpting Work for Me?

I'm a Sixty Year Old Woman Who Lost 56 Pounds a Few Years Ago.  I Still Have a Stomache. Would Cool Sculpting Work for Me?

Zeltiq CoolSculpting after weight loss of the stomach

+1

There are different reasons for still having a stomach after weight loss.  If the skin is hanging and there's not much fat left then a tummy tuck is needed to trim excess skin. If the fat that is remaining is located around the intestines behind the stomach's muscle wall, then you would have to continue to lose more weight naturally. If the muscle is bulging forward because its connective tissue envelope is loose, then a tummy tuck would be needed to tighten this tissue. But, if the fat that is remaining is located outside the stomach's muscle wall, then Zeltiq can kill some of those fat cells by cryolipolysis.  This is usually determined by an examination during consultation.

The Best CoolSculpting Candidate

+1
CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Coolsculpting after weight loss

+1
When you lose a great deal of weight suddenly you may have alot of extra skin. Since there are no photos it is hard to tell if Zeltiq or Thermage would work for you. It sounds like you might benefit from Thermage in the abdomen but without photos it is hard to tell.  If the problem is more one of loose skin after such a large weight loss Thermage might be better. If you have very severe skin laxity then you might need a tummy tuck to give you the results you want. Age is not a factor in these procedures. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Coolsculpting for the Stomach

+1

Coolsculpting is great for treating excess fat of the stomach area.  However, it doesn't remove any excess skin.  Having lost 56 pounds, you may need a tummy tuck.  See your local Coolsculpting specialist to see which one is right for you.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting

+1

It is difficult to say if you are a good candidate for Coolsculpting without an in person examination.  If the area you are concerned about has a significant amount of loose skin, you may not be a good candidate.  If your stomach has an area of "pinchable" fat, you may be a good candidate.

Please visit with a certified doctor to get the best result.