Will Laser Hair Removal Affect My Eczema?

I Am a Sixteen Year Old Girl, I suffer from eczema, mostly on my legs and arms, and I want to have a laser hair removal as my leg's hair is getting uncontrollably annoying and thick. I'm fair skinned but with really dark hair. Does it affect my eczema?

Laser hair removal and eczema

+1

Hopefully you are already using some type of medication to treat your eczema and keep it under control. With that being said, laser hair removal is completely safe and shouldn't aggravate your eczema. I would recommend you receive treatments from an office with a physician directly involved in your care.

Laser Hair Removal in Individuals With Eczema

+1

We perform a lot of laser hair removal treatments in our office on all skin types and in patients with skin conditions such as eczema.  I am involved with every patient's care and oversee all treatments.  I understand how lasers work and understand how to get good results on different skin types and on skin prone to conditions like eczema.  As long as you have your treatments in a doctor's office where a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon is actively involved with your treatments, laser hair removal can be performed safely and effectively on your skin without aggravating your eczema.  Having fair skin and dark hair makes you a good candidate and you should expect good results if done correctly. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD