How Many Sittings Needed with Salicylic Acid for Reducing Acne?

hello im 23 yrs old n i just had a chemical peel with salicylic acid can u suggest me how many sittings do i need to take in order to reduce these acne

Results after a salicylic acid peel.

+2

The number of treatments needed to improve the appearance of acne is dependent upon several factors, including the severity of the acne and the concentration of the peeling solution. As a rule of thumb, I recommend a series of 4 consecutive peels every 2-3 weeks to see initial results, followed up with a maintenance peel once every month or so. You should see some immediate results 4-5 days after your first peel.

Salicylic peels can be drying to the skin so be sure to use a good quality moisturizer (like the ones found in the Miracle 10 line) and using sunblock is a must as sensitivity to sunburns increases with this treatment.

Reducing Acne with Salicylic Peels

+1

It is hard to say how many treatments you'll need without my seeing you for a consultation.  Typically I would recommend 6-8 treatments, spaced 2-4 weeks apart for optimal results.  Then regular maintenance every 10-12 weeks at that point would be best.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Salicylic peels for acne.

+1

The results depend on the severity of the acne, the strength and composition of the peel and your personal response. Generally treatment with gel based medical grade peel containing 20-30% salicylic may require approximately 6 sessions at 10-14 day intervals to solve the problem. Maintenance sessions may be required thereafter. Sessions are always done along with conventional topical and or oral anti-acne treatment else the response may be slow and disappointing.

Keep looking beautiful.

Niketa Sonavane, MD, MBBS
India Dermatologist