I can't sit or lay on my tailbone 3-mos post buttock lift, and have continuous chaffing. How would you correct it? (Photo)

I have a substantial buttock but there is virtually no fat left on my tailbone. It has been painful since I was in the recovery room to sit or lay on my behind. My surgeon said as the tissues loosened that I would be OK. But I am 3 mos and 1 week post op (I had 4 procedures) and although it is less painful, it still hurts a lot. I cannot even sit on a soft couch or lay in a soft bed... And forget about sitting/laying in a cast iron tub. Have you ever encounter this in your practice? How did you remedy it?

I can't sit or lay on my tailbone 3-mos post buttock lift, and have continuous chaffing. How would you correct it?

+2
It would be difficult to give recommendations, but I have had success with fat grafting to dents or areas that lack tissue.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of fat grafting procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Post operative pain after buttock lift

+2
I am sorry you are having so much tenderness after your buttock lift. It is unusal to have that much pain this long after surgery. The first step in treating the pain is to try to figure out the cause. Possible causes include scarring(is the scar painful), nerve injury, of continued inflammation. Many people, espeially after massive weight loss have little fat over their tail bone, so that may not be the problem. There are many causes to post operative pain syndromes as well as many different ways to help. Medications can include neurotin, lyrica, elavil; procedures can include nerve blocks, scar revisions, fat grafting. However, the most important thing is also time. Three months may not be enough time for the inflammation and scarring to settle down. Check with your doctor and develop a plan to address the issue.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon