Is it OK to Use Hirudoid Cream on the Lumpines Under my Chin After a Facelift 15 Days Ago?

I was told I could massage this area firmly after 2 weeks but am wondering if I should use hirudoid to speed up the process as it is still quite a large swelling although it has gone down a bit.

Massage healing tissues

+2

You should defer to the advice of your surgeon. I can't imagine any benefit from rubbing in creams or ointments. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Kiwi,

Thank you for your question.  I would avoid deep massage to the facelift area for a long time following surgery.  Little lumps may be suture knots that are felt under the skin.  As long as the sutures were absorbable, then this will go away with time.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cream For Scarring After Facelift?

+1

Although hirudoid cream is a vessel constrictor, I would still recommend that you speak to your surgeon before you apply anything to the incision area. If you are going to your post op appointments and the doctor hasn’t mentioned it before, most likely you don’t need it. “Dr. D”

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Facelift Lumps?

+1

Thank you for your question. The lumps under the chin are likely sutures absorbing and a little inflammation present. This will subside or a hair follicle may be inflamed if hair is present in eh area. This resolves in time. Avoid any creams your doctor does not know about. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon