How Can Patient Sit Down After Brazilian Butt Lift?

I'm having a Brazilian Butt Lift on March 8, 2010. When leaving the hospital after surgery, how will I sit in the car if I'm not able to sit on my butt for at least 2 weeks?

Sitting after a Brazilian Butt Lift

Hi there-

I'm concerned that you are scheduled for surgery without an understanding of such an important detail. Do you feel you have a good rapport with your surgeon? Was your consultation thorough and positive?

Any experienced Brazilian Butt Lift surgeon should have given you a thorough understanding of how to sit, how NOT to sit, and all other considerations with regard to your postop management.

Different surgeons have different preferences for their patients- I would recommend you call your surgeon for their preferred recommendations.

How can patient sit down after Brazilian Butt Lift?

Immediately after a Brazilian Butt Lift patients are allowed to lay on their back until they are fully recovered. Normally they are then turned over on their stomach. During the trip home after the procedure or when in route to a postoperative visit patients are recommended to either lay on their stomach or on their side After the patient goes home they are instructed to keep pressure off of the buttock area for at least 8 weeks. No sitting is permitted for 10 days postoperatively. The exception to this is to utilize the toilet. After 10 days the patient is allowed to sit in a modified position that will keep excess pressure from the buttock area. His can be accomplished with the use of a pillow placed beneath the hamstring muscles not touching the buttock. Patient's are recommended to wear the prescribed compression garment for up to 4-6 weeks postoperatively. It is important to realize that the final result probably not be realized until up to 6 months.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Avoid sitting down in the first few day to weeks as much as possible. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

Sittling positions after Brazilian Butt lift

Brief periods of pressure are acceptable but typically patients will shift their weight from side to side and/or use  a donut which is an inflatable cushion used for hemorrhoid patients.

Buttock augmentation

Don't sit for at least 3 weeks (preferebly longer).  You must learn to squat, and sleep on your tummy.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Brazilian Buttock Enahncement

You are undergoing a major surgical procedure, you should have all your questions answered prio to surgery not on the internet and not after surgery.

Meet with your Plastic Surgeon. you must understand the surgery, the potential risks, revision policy, cost and the care after the surgery. Most of us hace written instructions, and phone numbers to contact the doctor.

Before any elective surgery you must meet with your doctor atleast twice. prescriptions given and filled prior to surgery.

You must have the appropriate time off for your recovery, Make you environment comfortable during the healing period. Follow your doctors' routine and instructions.