What Are Dangers of Breast Implant Rupture?

My sister had the implants put in over 15 years ago, she now has a lump above the implant and suffers shortness of breath and pain. we are scared

Implant rupture

+1

If an implant is ruptures it shoudl be removed sooner thatn later, but if she is suffering from shortness of breath, she should see a doctor immediately.

Breast pain, shortness of breath, lump and breast implants

+1

I agree with Dr. Aldea. IF your sister is complaining aboutr shortness of breath and chest pain she needs to be evaluated in an Emergency Room ASAP. The lump can be evaluated with Ultrasound, Mammogram, or MRI followed by a biopsy. In any event, an implant rupture is not likely to be life threatening whereas other potential causes could be and should be evaluated by a plastic surgeon or general surgeon.

Shortness of Breath and Pain = MUST see a Doctor immediately

+1

Breast implants are NOT associated with the symptoms you describe. Shortness of breath and pain mandate an IMMEDIATE visit to the ER. She needs to have a chest xray and be seen by a doctor to see the reason for it. A MRI would give information about the chest and the breast implants. As part of her work up the lump needs to be biopsied to make sure it is not malignant.