Sinus Headaches Only on the Right Side After Rhino/septoplasty with a Turbinate Reduction.

I had my procedure on July 7, 2011. Since then, I have consistently had sinus headaches and pain only on the right side. Sometimes it's so painful my eye becomes a bit swollen. Sinus, migraine and NSAID medication does not work to relieve the pain, only dull it. I still have vicodin that sometimes helps but not always. My f/u with my PS is 8/18, if this persists should I see an ENT doctor before him since my PS is hard to get an appt. with and is this common?

See an ENT as soon as possible.

+1

Often after extensive nasal surgery there will be swelling and crusting inside the nose which may lead to obstruction of the sinuses. When this happens, the sinus can no longer drain the mucous that is naturally made in it, fills up and causes pressure headaches. If left long enough the stagnant mucous will become infected thus a sinus infection. It is a great idea to see an ENT as soon as soon as possible.

Problems after rhinoplasty

+1

Headaches of the nature that you are describing are not that common this far out from surgery.  Since you are having persistent headaches you should get in to see your surgeon who performed the surgery since he/she wil be the only one who really knows what was done and would be the best person to treat you.  Additionally, most surgeons want to see their own patients after surgery, especially if they are having a problem.  

Call the surgeon's office and ask to be seen sooner.  I would be surprised if they didn't fit you in as soon as possible.  Good luck. 

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon