How Far Can A Single Vial Of Juvederm Be Stretched? (photo)

Hello! I've recently lost a signifigant amount of weight, and for the most part, I'm lucky, my face seems to have snapped back into shape...but still, it's more tired-looking and weak than it used to be, and even vaguely hollow in some areas. Was wondering: would one vial of Juvederm be enough to help both the naso-labial lines and the cheek/under-eye areas? Even a little? I really want to perk my face up a bit, but, I'm kinda nervous about getting too much.... Thank you.

Facial Revolumization And Augmentation In Men Differs From That For Women

+1

There are significant differences in the amounts and distribution of facial fat, muscle and bone between men and women and this must be taken into account when treating a particular patient. In brief, men typically require accentuating the jawline, strengthening of the angle of the jaw, and augmenting the projection of the chin region in order to maintain a more masculine appearance. Likewise, unlike women who prefer high outer cheekbones, men typically require volume in the upper inner cheek region (closer to the bridge of the nose). If hollow cheeks are present, this too, would require re-inflation, which typically means the use of a robust volumizing filler for augmentation

From the frontal photo provided, it appears that there is some hollowing of the cheeks, the appearance of incipient tear troughs under the eyes, and the presence of nasolabial folds (smile lines). Given the number of regions that appear to require treatment, if all were to be addressed, it is unlikely that only one syringe of any material would suffice.

That having been said, Juvederm would not be my first choice for most of these issues. Instead, a more sophisticated approach these days is to tailor the injectable agent to the particular need. I would use, for example, Radiesse combined with Perlane L (owing to their excellent lifting capacities) when treating cheek hollows. Voluma XC is useful for the angle of the jaw, and Belotero Balance for the tear troughs. Juvederm Ultra Plus XC would be my choice for the upper inner cheek region.

The precise materials and the quantities of each are best determined by an in-the-flesh examination. Accordingly, consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with extensive experience in treating all of these areas and with all available materials is strongly advised.

1 vial not enough, sorry.

+1

A 1cc syringe of Juvederm might be enough to fill your nasolabial folds, but I would probably use Radiesse there for a deeper augmentation. With regards to your eyes, filler will probably not make you happy. The loss of volume is too much. A fat transposition blepharoplasty which moves fat from your lower lids into the tear trough depressions will help. To return significant volume to your cheeks, implants (permanent), Radiesse (lasts about 9-12 months), Sculptra (lasts up to 24 months, and fat transfer (longevity variable) are all options. Happy to see you in our Stoneham or Worcester for a full opinion and thorough examination.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm injections for the face in men - Santa Monica

+1

Juvederm can help address these areas well. Whether or not you need a second syringe can be addressed once the first one is completed. It is hard to predict how much will make you happy with the results.

That said, one syringe should improve your results considerably.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Voluma

+1

Juvederm Voluma was just FDA approved and should be available shortly. If you are looking for cheek enhancement and want to get the added benefit for the nasolabial fold improvement as a result of the cheek lift, Voluma should be great. Make sure you see a very experienced doctor.

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

How far can a single syringe of Juvederm be stretched

+1

Well, it matters how significant of a result you want. I have people come in all the time who want this, this, this, and this filled, with one syringe, and the results will be terrible because there's only so much filler in each syringe. You say that you want "a little" perk up. Personally, I'd recommend you see an experienced physician for an in-person assessment. I wouldn't recommend Juvederm under the eyes, period. But I doubt a single syringe of Restylane would be enough of a difference for you for all of those areas. So you need to be realistic and perhaps pick one area to start with and get a good result, and then go from there.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm after weight loss

+1

One vial wont be enough to treat all those areas. I would recommend concentrating on the cheeks for now, as I think this would give you the most benefit.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon