Single Areola Reduction Possible? (photo)

I like the size of my right areola but my left one is too big. Could I just get a reduction on the left one to make them match. How bad is the scaring. Would this be cheaper than usual because id only have one done?

Single Areola Reduction Possible?

+2

Yes it is possible to have an unilateral areolar reduction under local anesthesia. And YES scarring can occur. Fee range from $500 to $2,000. Best to seek a few consults from boarded PSs in your area/city. Regards 

Single areola reduction

+1

A periareolar mastopexy type of scar will result in a reduction of the areola diameter with a scar around the periphery of the areola that generally hides well.  Discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon who can show you close up photos of the scar.  This is fairly straightforward and yes it can be done under local anesthesia.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon