I Have a Single Acne Scar on my Nose That Happened when I Was 13, Now I'm 21 and I Still Have It. I Wanna Get Rid of It? (photo)

Growth on your nose

Dear patient,

It is difficult for me to see the red spot on your nose clearly. To me it does not look like an acne scar. It looks more like a fibrous papule of the nose or a Spitz nevus. Please see a dermatologist. Both of these conditions are treatable and the spot can be shaved off and / or removed with a laser with no or little scarring.

Yours,

A. David Rahimi,MD,FAAD,FAACS

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Single Scar treatment

Fractional CO2 or fraxel laser can help resurface indivitual scars that are troublesome regardless of how long they have been present. The lasers help rebuild collagen and remodel the skin to diminish the appearance of scars.  

Eric Schweiger, MD

Single Acne Scar Treatment

It is very difficult to tell what type of scar it is based on the picture. In fact, the thing you are calling a scar actually looks like a bump in the picture. Regardless, if there is a depression, injectable filler can nicely improve or correct that type of scar. If it is more pock-like or pitted, then some type of resurfacing and destructive (ie. electrosurgery, punch excision) technique may be required.