Acne Treatment: Would I Be Suitable for Accutane? (photo)

Hi. I'm 20 this year and I've been dealing with this problem for more than 2 years. The kind of acne I have is large and under the skin..it really hurts when it's popped and there's a lot of pus mixed with blood. Ialways have new pimples popping.. I used to have extremely clear skin with no pimples and this is a recent change.I'm not allergic to any sort of food. I've tried benxyol peroxide (2.5%) and doxycycline for 3 months. I need a permanent solution for the acne and the acne scars.

Acne Treatment Options Including Accutane

+1

As other doctors on this thread have suggested, you will need to see a dermatologist for your particular condition.

At the same time, it might be helpful to just learn about other options outside of oral medications. Although some people have experienced excellent results from Accutane, it is also associated with potential toxic effects.

These medications are chemicals that travel in your bloodstream. Therefore they may affect other tissues and organs.

Laser and light based treatments use energy that can reach below the surface.

This energy can clear away deep blocks that your own skin has produced. It can also kill bacteria. And like oral medications, this energy can be used to decrease oil production. This is done by burning away the outer layer of the sebaceous glands.

Again, talk to a dermatologist. But also be aware of other treatment modalities.

You will need to clear up your existing acne before getting rid of the scars. Here is a patient video which helps illustrate this information

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-accutane/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne treatment

+1

Please consult a dermatologist who can advise appropriate treatment for your acne and scarring.

Toronto Dermatologist

Accutane for Bad Acne

+1

Based on the photos, it does appear you have a good amount of active acne s well as discoloration from the acne. Acne can be very difficult to treat and many of the treatments we use are minimally effective. When I have a patient with moderate to severe acne who fails oral antibiotics, I often recommend Accutane. When used appropriately, Accutane is excellent at clearing up bad acne. It is possible you are a good candidiate for Accutane, but I recommend you discuss it at length with your doctor. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/conditions.php?id=15