Is it painful to removed a raised mole from my back? And what are the side effects after the surgery has been performed?

I've a black mole but slightly bumpy, I guess it's a raised mole. However, it itchy and painful at times.

+1
Th black mole can be removed with minimal discomfort under local anesthetic.  After the procedure, many patients tell me they experience zero to very minimal pain.  Tylenol or Ibuprofen OTC is all that will be needed.  Best of luck.  

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Best method to remove a mole on the back

+1
A shave excision is typically the easiest and most cost effective way of removing the majority of moles on the back. It will also give the best chance of minimizing the scar. With this method the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The tissue that has been removed can then be sent for microscopic examination to make sure the mole is benign. Dermatologic surgeons are experts at doing this procedure.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon