Simultaneous Dorsal Heightening and Narrowing

Dear Doctors, would I be able to have my nose bridge narrowed before heightening it with an implant, all in a single operation or is this impossible? Thank u!

Dorsal heightening and narrowing of the nose

+1

Without pictures it is impossible to tell if the heightening and narrowing could be done simultaneously on the nose. Asian rhinoplasty is typically an augmentation only whereas Caucasian rhinoplasty can be a combination of both; it depends on how wide and flat the existing nasal bones are prior to undergoing a rhinoplasty. Augmentation can be obtained through the patient’s own natural cartilage or through a synthetic implant, such as silastic.  

Narrowing the Bridge and Augmenting Profile during #Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

HI IndieDark in United States,

Yes, narrowing the bridge and building up the bridge is commonly performed at the same time during rhinoplasty surgery. Narrowing the upper third of the nose requires bone reshaping. Building the bridge or augmenting the profile requires placement of some material. Your own cartilage is the ideal material. In addition, building the bridge will also make the nose appear narrower. Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. C

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is difficult to give you any advice without seeing photos and/or performing an examination. In most cases, this may all be performed in a single surgery. Every patient has their own individual circumstances. If you wish, you may send any photos to my office and I would be happy to evaluate them for you. You may also call and schedule a consultation. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you, and good luck.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Simultaneous Heightening and Narrowing of Nasal Dorsum

+1

Simultaneous augmentation and narrowing of the dorsum is frequently done during rhinoplasty surgery. Rather than using an implant as you suggest, consider a graft of your own cartilage or fascia which will become integrated into the surrounding tissue.

+1

Simple answer is YES. But with out photos I can not really expound on my recommendations. Best of luck. Also seek in person evaluations from boarded surgeons in your area. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

Often with nasal dorsal augmentation, the nose appears narrower after a dorsal onlay is placed and secured.

Simultaneous dorsal augmentation and narrowing can be very successful

+1

Narrowing the nasal complex at the same time as dorsal augmentation (heightening) is done very often and is usually very successful if patients are chosen carefully for the procedure.  The material for augmentation can be autologous (bone or cartilage) or it can be a synthetic implant, depending on the experience and choice of the surgeon.  

Roger J. Oldham, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal heightening and narrowing of the nose.

+1

These are frequently done together, especially with ethnic rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does this frequently.