Simple Rhinoplasty Question?

Hi, I have a seemingly foolish question about the rhinoplasty procedure that I have never seen directly asked our answered. I want to know if it is possible to raise the tip of the nose or maybe completely reshape it. Is that possible? Of all the before and after pictures I've seen, I've always just seen a dorsal hump removed/lessened or a curve to the bridge added. Is it possible to raise the tip and remove cartilage? Thanks!

A Tip Rhinoplasty is Used to Reshape the Tip of the Nose Including Raising It

A tip rhinoplasty is a rhinoplasty or nose job that is used to reshape the tip or end of the nose. It can tilt the tip up or down, reshape a bulbous tip to a more delicate or refined shape, fill out a pinched tip or reconstruct other abnormalities. A surgeon must be careful to take into consideration the effects that a tip rhinoplasty can have on the overall shape and appearance of the nose. Often more than just working on the tip is required to keep the nose in balance as well as in harmony with the rest of the face.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Simple rhinoplasty question

Yes, it is possible to raise the tip of the nose with a rhinoplasty procedure. It is possible to modify the shape of the  nasal tip by making it less bulbous.  A tip rhinoplasty accomplishes narrowing the tip of the nose with suture techniques and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal as well. All this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty approach as an outpatient surgical procedure

Tip Reshaping

Hi Harley.  Never any foolish questions.  Tip reshaping is a very reasonable rhinoplasty objective.  Tip elevation is also a reasonable goal.  This typically involves an open rhinoplasty approach.  The soft tissues are gently elevated, allowing direct access to the alar cartilages that comprise the nasal tip.  This cartilages are then sculpted and sutured.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Anand Shah MD

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - Tip Reshaping

Yes, it is possible and quite common. During the primary consultation, discuss with your physician your aesthetic goals. The actual method of reshaping the tip of your nose will depend on various factors, including your skin thickness, tip cartilage, and desired look. It is important that you feel comfortable with the plastic surgeon’s suggestions as this can be a permanent procedure. Good luck!

Jennifer Levine, MD

Tip rhinoplasty

Yes.  That is possible and one of the more common types of rhinoplasty.  A droopy or boxy tip is often what prompts a desire for rhinoplasty.  Just choose your board-certified plastic surgeon, carefully.  Make sure that rhinoplasty is something that they specialize in.  Good luck.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Rhinoplasty Esthetic Results

Yes, Rhinoplasty can certainly raise the tip of a nose. Rhinoplasty can successfully modify many different areas of the nose, so the most important factor is that you choose a qualified surgeon (ie: a Facial Plastic Surgeon) to perform the surgery. Rhinoplasty is a highly specialized procedure and choosing and expert from a reputable facility is of utmost importance in order to achieve the specific aesthetic results you are looking for. Use of a 3D imaging system during your consultation will be helpful to make sure you and the surgeon are unified in the end goal.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changing the tip with rhinoplasty

Yes, you can raise the tip of the nose and reshape it during rhinoplasty.  How you do it depends on each nose.  It can be by removing cartilage, but there are other ways to do it that work better in different kinds of noses.  In a consultation with a plastic surgeon, they can tell you what would be the best way for you, if you are a good candidate and what the possible outcome could be.
Good luck!

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Simple Rhinoplasty Question?

Thank you for your question. Alterations to the tip of the nose such as refinement and rotation are common components of rhinoplasty surgery. The most important part of any rhinoplasty surgery is to consult with your plastic surgeon for a detailed assessment and discussion about you ideals and expectations. That way you can work together to achieve your goals.
Regards
Dr Guy Watts

Lifting the Tip While Removing Excess Cartilage

Yes, it is very possible to lift the tip of a nose to give it a more defined appearance. Though your case must be further evaluated in person at a consultation appointment, lifting a drooping tip is a very common procedure conducted during a rhinoplasty. And, it is also possible to remove extra cartilage that surrounds the nose that can give you a bulbous, fatty look. Many surgeons offer computer imaging software through which you can design your new nose, but it is important that you keep realistic expectations.

Sam Rizk, MD