Simple Rhinoplasty Question?

Hi, I have a seemingly foolish question about the rhinoplasty procedure that I have never seen directly asked our answered. I want to know if it is possible to raise the tip of the nose or maybe completely reshape it. Is that possible? Of all the before and after pictures I've seen, I've always just seen a dorsal hump removed/lessened or a curve to the bridge added. Is it possible to raise the tip and remove cartilage? Thanks!

Simple Rhinoplasty Question?

+1
Your question was whether the tip can be raised or changed in rhinoplasty. The answer is yes, changing the shape of the nose involves correcting the tip as well. During the consultation the nose is examined as a whole to see what needs to be changed based on the patient's preference. You are right in that most photos show the hump removed, it is very easy to show that change, and it is dramatic on a lateral view. It is the front view that you should look at to see the change in the shape of the nasal tip. this change is harder to see in a photo unless care was taken in taking the before and after photos.

Web reference: http://plasticsurgerysacto.com/

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Simple Rhinoplasty Question?

+1
Yes it is possible to raise the tip and remove cartilage.  If that is all that you desire then it can be discussed with your surgeon and decide if it creates the best balance for you.

Rhinoplasty can address many issues, including a dorsal hump, a bulbous tip, a boxy tip, columellar show and others

+1

Rhinoplasty can be many, many different things. There are infinite combinations of the operation that can be utilized to address the specific issues you are having. The tip can be softened, rounded, lowered, elevated, made more narrow, made less narrow and so on.  The sides can be elevated, lowered, narrowed, strengthened, weakened shortened and so on. The bony part of the nose can be manipulated as well. If you find yourself in a conversation with a plastic surgeon and these things do not come up, it is advisable to seek another opinion. Find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and keep looking until you feel comfortable.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Raise and Refine the Tip in Nose Surgery

+1

While reducing a bump on the bridge of the nose may be the most common request and manoeuvre in nose surgery (rhinoplasty), it is only one of many possible concerns that can be addressed. Lifting, lowering, or repositioning the tip of the nose is an important part of most rhinoplasty operations. This also usually involves reducing, reshaping and refining the tip as well.

Yes

+1

Yes it is possible. Most patients  in my practice want their nasal tips lifted and refined in addition dorsal hump removal.

Web reference: http://www.vgplasticsurgery.com/Nose%20Photo%20Gallery.htm

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

This is an outstanding question.  Rhinoplasty is a delicate balance between all its different elements (the tip, dorsum, nostrils, et cetera) and therefore often changing one part of the nose will either change the other parts or can make them look different.  Some patients want only refinement of the tip of the nose and want no changes to the rest of the nose.  This can defnitely be done, but the rest of the nose needs to be considered and therefore a consultation by a board certified surgeon Rhinoplasty specialists will really help bring everything into perspective.  Often, when you look at post-operative rhinoplasty picture, if the patient had an obvious bump on the bridge of the nose, then that is what draws peoples attention in the post-operative pictures.  Often, however, those patients also had work done to the rest of the nose in order make everything look harmonious.  Hope this helps.

Tip Changes in Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Changing tip size, position, or contour is a very important part of most rhinoplasty surgery. There are many different techniques used to accomplish all of these changes. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to determine what will be done to meet your goals.

Improving the appearance of the nasal tip

+1

It is possible to raise the tip of the nose and reshape it. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist who uses computer imaging software. He/she may morph a photo of you to give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. This will serve as a great communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Possible to Reshape Nasal Tip #nosejob

+1

Your question is excellent. Re-shaping the nasal tip is one of the mainstays of rhinoplasty surgery. An evaluation by a board certified surgeon who specializes in Rhinoplasty will be the best way to determine what you need. But, very simply answered, yes those goals are possible and probable.

Rhinoplasty can elevate the tip

+1

Rhinoplasty surgey is able to elevate and reshape the tip.  The best way to understand what can be done is to use computer models to see what can be achieved with your nose.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon