Are these lumps ABOVE my lips? what happened? (photo)

dear doctors, I have been three times to a specialist for lip augmentation. This fourth time something bad happened. I have lumps, not on my lips but above them!has juvederm moved up there? why? it is clearly seen by everyone.people asking me what happened to me. First I thought it is just swelling, but now one month has past.can this be fixed?I have heard that augmentation can cause to build up new collagen and your lips will get naturally fuller with time. Can than this swelling stay forever?

Are these lumps ABOVE my lips? what happened?

+2

If Juvederm was injected, it could be dissolved using an enzyme called Hyaluronidase. This would be the quickest way to dissolve the product, most HA filler last 8-10 months

Fullness above the lips

+2

From your pictures, it does appear that you have some fullness above your lips which may be due to the filler. If it was Juvederm as you mentioned, then it can be resolved with an injection of hyaluronidase or it will simply resolve over time. Juvederm tends to last about six to eight months generally. Massage and warm compresses may also help.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD