Lip Augmentation-what to Do for Longer Results?

hi, I am new to this. I had my first lip augmentation. It lastet for only one week. Dr. said, because he used less amount. So he injected more. Now, after one week, I can see its going away:( my lips get thinner every day. My question is, what can I do that the injection lasts longer? I actually dont know what he used, which product I mean. Is there something, I can do? is there any hyalaron pills to take? will this be good to the results? shall I eat something special or so?

Lip augmentation results...

+1

The lips are an area that can be harder to achieve a significant and long lasting result because the lips move a lot, and this motion can accelerate the resorption of any product.  Juvederm is good starting point.  Usually we use the whole syringe because the lips are only moderately enhanced with one tube. Juvederm lasts on average for 6 months in the lips.  Fat can also be injected to the lips, but it doesn't seem to last as long as Juvederm.  Each of these products can last longer or shorter than six months - it depends on how your own body reacts to it.  For a more permanent result, medical grade Silicone is a good option.  We have used it for the last 12 years, and when it is used correctly by someone with a lot of experience, the results can be very nice.

Web reference: http://www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

In general, I like to use Juvederm for lip augmentations. It is very soft, and yields a great looking and natural result. There is nothing you can personally do to make the product last longer. Juvederm should last 6-7 months on average, sometimes longer depending on the patient and location of the injections. It is possible you just received a very conservative treatment. I would avoid any permanent treatment for the lips, as there are many complications that may arise. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/juvederm/

Long lasting results for lip augmentation

+1

the only products that last in lip augmentation is autologous tissue  transplantation or medically pure silicone injections  The latter takes great expertise and must be done with micro-droplet technique.  This is very difficult to perform and should not be done by a physician who is a novice at this procedure.  Fat augmentation is also technically difficult to perform and the doctor has to have a great deal of experience to perform it.. Juvederm and other hyaluronics dont last more than 3 months or so.

Fillers in lips

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers are great for the lip and usually last 6months to a year depending upon the product. I do not like the permanent fillers like silicone because they can cause long term problems.

Lip Augmentation Options

+1

Even temporary fillers when injected properly into the lips should last at least a few months. I am not sure what you had done, but fillers typically last longer than just a few weeks.  While I inject temporary fillers into the lips, I still prefer liquid injectable silicone as it is precise, gives very natural-appearing results, and is long-lasting (permanent). Obviously, it is crucial that you be injected by a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in lip augmentation with fillers. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=26

Lip fillers

+1

You probably had Hyaluronic acid injected into the lips and that does not last.

There are more permanent fillers in Europe. I would NOT recommend permanent fillers in the lips.

The best would be fat transfer to the lips by an expert fat transfer doctor, or you will have problems.